none
can't ping a windows 10 pc if connected via wifi

質問

• I have tried to connect to a web server running on my win 10 pc. This does not work so i started with ping. 

Ping works if the pc is connected via ethernet cable

Ping does not work if the pc is connected via wifi (but the win 10 pc can ping other clients in the wifi network)

If have tried to:

disable the firewall (for all network types)

delete and reinstall the wifi device

reset the network settings

check / change the wifi network type to private (it is private now, cable network type is domain)

But the win 10 pc still can't be reached if connected via wifi to the network

What can I do to fix this issue?

2017年10月30日 16:13

すべての返信

• Have you checked your router settings? Some routers have a "wireless isolation" setting, which you have to turn on in order to allow wifi clients to connect to the Internet. Might be good to double check that.
    2017年10月30日 16:43
  • Thanks for your replay. I can ping other wifi clients in the same network without a problems. Only one win 10 pc is "isolated" - so it is not related to the router / ap.
    2017年10月30日 17:53
  • Hi,

Go to find your actual IP address by typing what's my IP in Chrome and try to ping the actual address.
    In addition, you can use Network Monitor to trace the packages on both Windows 10 and one machine under wifi.

Upload them on the One Drive and share the link here. We should analyse them and find out where the packages are dropped.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2017年10月31日 9:44
  • Hi Vivian,

the "invisible" win 10 pc has the ip 192.168.169.37. I have started ping "192.168.169.37 -n 1" from a different machine in the wifi net (192.168.169.34) and recorded the traffic using MS Message Analyzer. Please find attached the link to the trace logs. It would be great if you can give me any hint whats wrong with this win 10 pc.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aq3sWiuKvxKSk2QsDUMMs-euXfYM

Regards

Tom

P.S: pinging other devices in the wifi network (e.g. the gateway or a raspi) works well - only a ping to this win 10 pc runs into timeout (and olny if connected via wifi - not if connected via ethernet cable)

2017年10月31日 16:41
  •  

I wander when you connect with Wifi, these machines can’t connect to web server all the time or suddenly disconnect after using a few time.

I have seen the traffic with MS Message Analyzer, there is only a request without reply.

Please catch the packages separately in the following situations at the convenience and upload them, so we can analyze.

1. The win 10 connect to the web server when using WIFI.

2. The win 10 connect to the web server when using ethernet cable.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2017年11月1日 9:00
  • Hi Vivian,

the web server is running on the win 10 and no other client can connect to the web server when the win 10 is connceted to the network via wifi access point. The web server can be reached when the win 10 is connected to the network via ethernet cable. To exclude side effects I then tested with ping and got the same results.

MS Message Analyzer was running on the win 10 pc when I have captured the request. So the ping has reached the wifi network interface of this machine (!) - but then something is dropping the request.

I can provide a new detail. The test with the ethernet cable was made in the company. LAN is detected as network type "Domain". Now I'm at home and there is no DC running in the network - LAN is detected as "Public" and the behaviour is the same as if conncted via wifi. I have double checked the FW settings to be sure that icmp/echo is enabled for all network types. I have also shutdow the FW for all network types.

Summary: The ping request is reaching the win 10 pc but it does not reply (only if conncted to LAN and network type is domain). Any hints?

Thank you very much for your time and assistence

Tom

2017年11月1日 10:21
  • I have made a screen shot of the current FW settings for icmp/echo

https://1drv.ms/i/s!Aq3sWiuKvxKSk2aXFbSQS0KtFvHZ

2017年11月1日 10:29
  • Hi,

When you connect to wifi, is there any warning on the network icon at lower left corner? Do other machine can access the Internet using wifi?

Since Windows 10 can't access to the Internet, you can check the gateway or the ARP cache table on the wireless router to see if other client is attached to the IP address, but allocated to the Win 10. In this way, although Win 10 can obtain the IP but still can't access to the Internet. In addition, if the ARP cache is full, that may also cause the problem.

2017年11月3日 7:58
  • Hi, there is no warning and the win 10 can access the Internet without any problem.

As far as MS Message Analyser is running on the win 10 pc and can "see" the icmp echo requests but does not see any reply, this could not be a routing/arp problem.

I have right now two laptops on the table. Both are conncected to the same wifi using same access point.

The left one is a new hp laptop. This is the "invisible" win 10 laptop. The right one is an older win 7 laptop. There is a Desktop attached via ethernet cable to the same network (192.169.169/24). On my iPhone (connected to the same wifi) I'm using a Ping-App.

All devices can access the Internet:

Ping results:

iPhone can ping all devices except the win 10 laptop

Desktop can ping all devices exept the win 10 laptop

win 7 laptop can ping all devices except the win 10 lptop

win 10 can ping all devices

Regards

Thomas

• 編集済み Tom241321 2017年11月3日 17:54
    2017年11月3日 10:10
  • Hi Tom,

Thanks for your time and patience. I noticed you mentioned "The test with the ethernet cable was made in the company. LAN is detected as network type "Domain". Did you test to use WIFI in the company with the Domain network type? If you are using WIFI under Domain network, try to drop off the domain and test again.

Also, make sure the third-party antivirus software is disabled or uninstalled on your machine. Make sure the antivirus software isn't disable the ICMP.

In addition, please help us collect the information when you connect via wifi and ethernet cable.

1. Click on the link below.

http://support.microsoft.com/sdp/0B378C9B3734363331363136353028

2. Click on the Run button (recommended) to start the diagnostic process.

3. Follow the onscreen instructions to run the diagnostic on this computer, or on a different computer.

2017年11月6日 9:42
  • Hi Vivian,

I have run the diagnostic tool and uploaded the results twice: Once the laptop is connected via WiFi and next time when connected via ethernet cable. 

As suggested I have tried to set the WiFi network type to "domain". It looks like that Win 10 handles this network type (if a DC is detected) and it can not be set manually. 

PS C:\Windows\system32> Get-NetConnectionProfile

Name             : CL-Bochum24
    InterfaceAlias   : WLAN
    InterfaceIndex   : 11
    NetworkCategory  : Private
    IPv4Connectivity : Internet
    IPv6Connectivity : NoTraffic

PS C:\Windows\system32> Set-NetConnectionProfile -Name CL-Bochum24 -NetworkCategory Domain
    Set-NetConnectionProfile : Unable to set NetworkCategory to 'DomainAuthenticated'.  This NetworkCategory type will be set automatically when authenticated to a domain network.

Regards

Tom

2017年11月7日 8:43
  • Hi Tom,

When I look at the sdp and the firewall settings you uploaded before, I found it isn't in English. I am sorry that I can't completely understand them. Could you tell me that which language you are using?

From the sdp, I found the firewall status from both sdp are the same, I wander that if there is any changes in firewall inbound rule when you connect via WIFI.

2017年11月8日 11:02
  • Hi Vivian,

sorry, the win 10 is a german version.

As written before: I have also tried to disable the FW completely and the win 10 laptop does not reply to ping.

Regards

Thomas

2017年11月8日 17:50
  • Hi Vivian,

do you have any idea how to proceed with this issue? You may access the laptop (e.g. via teamplayer) to test it by your own.

Regards

Tom

2017年11月17日 8:21
  • had a new machine  for a few months then was giving me password issues. After resolving i noticed one strange thing....  cant ping on my Win10Pro. My older systems do it just fine. I even wrote a few simple programs to attempt to ping and i cant????!!!!

2018年3月23日 2:40
  • no wireless isolation option in my router configure
    2018年5月6日 3:43