Anywhere access setup repeatedly failing. RRS feed

• 질문

• I am trying to load Server 2016 Essentials and when I try to setup up the Anywhere Access I get the following error: "There is an error in your Remote Desktop Services settings which cannot be automatically repaired. Contact Product Support"

Another forum thread suggested navigating to the IIS manager and verifying the Default site remote path. My current path is: 

C:\Program Files\Windows Server\Bin\WebApps\RemoteAccess   --- Which is the correct path. 

Running Windows Server 2016 Essentials. Fully patched, new installation.

Thank you in advance.

Roman Reyes

AMC Builders

The Devil Is In The Code

2018년 11월 13일 화요일 오후 1:27

모든 응답

• Hi,

I want to confirm with you if problem happens when enable RWA via Anywhere Access wizard on Windows Server Essentials? 

WSE installs and configures the Remote Desktop Gateway role for use with the Remote Web Access website. Please open PowerShell, and type below cmdlet to install gateway manager:
    dism /online /Enable-Feature:Gateway-UI

Then, open Task Manager – Tools – RD Gateway, confirm that if you can successfully open it. 

Besides, please open Dashboard – Settings - Anywhere Access - Repair. If there is any error returns, post me the screenshot. 

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2018년 11월 14일 수요일 오전 8:48
  • Thank you for the reply...I discovered however that a couple of Windows Updates had failed to install. After I got the updates installed, I ran the Anywhere Access repair tool and successfully installed the module. 

Thank you again,

Roman Reyes

The Devil Is In The Code

2018년 11월 15일 목요일 오후 3:00
  • Hi,

I am glad to hear that your issue was successfully resolved. If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2018년 11월 16일 금요일 오전 7:06
  • "a couple of Windows Updates had failed to install"

Do you recall what those updates were?

2020년 7월 10일 금요일 오후 9:53