none
One Drive / SharPoint sync issue RRS feed

• 질문

• We've been experiencing issues with files in OneDrive/SharePoint. 

A colleague will open a file (e.g. a word document), which is stored in SharePoint and synced to their OneDrive folder, and will start making edits, in the desktop app.

Another colleague also has the same file open, but the system isn't alerting either user that someone else has the file open.

When one user saves their changes, the system creates a separate file, with a suffix in the filename (the user's PC name). Now we have two versions of the file, and the changes haven't been merged

2019년 9월 26일 목요일 오전 8:18

모든 응답

• Hi, Ashraf,

According to your description, a file is duplicated in your OneDrive with  computer name added to the filename. Could you please confirm which option is selected in OneDrive sync client, Let me choose to merge changes or keep both copies or Always keep both copies (rename the copy on this computer)?

Please make sure you have first option selected i.e. Let me choose to merge changes or keep both copies.

Reference link:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/syncing-duplicates-file-instead-of-merging/ea1e2eb0-b82f-4be4-85db-13c4de217ffb

Best Regards

Jerry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

2019년 9월 27일 금요일 오전 7:39
  • Thank you Jerry,

Actually, I choose same options in the above picture, but the Office applications become slow and crash's when two users opening same files in the same time.

I have to use Microsoft Office desktop applications to sync SharePoint with OneDrive.

2019년 9월 28일 토요일 오후 6:53
  • Hi, Ashraf,

If you have selected "Let me choose to merge changes or keep both copies." while still no notifications pop up. I will recommend you to ask MS support team for further assistance. 

Best Regards

Jerry 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• 답변으로 제안됨 Michael Han6 2019년 10월 7일 월요일 오전 8:07
    2019년 10월 1일 화요일 오전 8:09