none
FBA Custom Login Page deploying in production

질문

• Hi,

I have developed my FBA custom login page in my dev server visual studio after successful testing the product in dev server and now time to move everything to production can I know how best and easiest way to do this process as this is my first time deploying into production.

Thanks.

2018년 7월 12일 목요일 오전 10:01

답변

• Hi,

You have to configure all configurations files as you did in dev server.

While here are some suggestions for your reference.

Backup all configuration files before you do configuration.

Backup the site collection before you do configuration for PROD server.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/administration/back-up-site-collections

It’s better to configure the server at midnight so this would impact less users.

Best Regards,

Lee

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• 답변으로 표시됨 SDev11 2018년 7월 16일 월요일 오후 12:55
    2018년 7월 13일 금요일 오전 2:04
  • Hi,

If you followed same approach as below github project, go to the central administration --> Central Administration --> Application Management --> Manage web application --> Select Web application --> click on authentication providers in the ribbon bar --> Click on the zone where you want to apply custom login page --> Scroll down to the Sign In Page URL --> Click Custom Sign In Page and paste "~/_layouts/yourLoginpath.aspx" in the text box --> Click save

https://github.com/dipongkor/FBA-Custom-Login-Page   

Best Regards,

Lee

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

2018년 7월 16일 월요일 오전 5:02
  • Hi,

Q1:

It’s needed as this will deploy your custom solution to PROD.

Q2:

You could use the dev farm DB if it’s same network while it’s recommended to backup the database from dev farm and then restore in PROD farm.

One thread for your reference.

https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/article/sql-server-database-backup-and-restore/

Best Regards,

Lee

2018년 7월 16일 월요일 오전 8:56

모든 응답

• Hi,

You have to configure all configurations files as you did in dev server.

While here are some suggestions for your reference.

Backup all configuration files before you do configuration.

Backup the site collection before you do configuration for PROD server.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/administration/back-up-site-collections

It’s better to configure the server at midnight so this would impact less users.

Best Regards,

Lee

2018년 7월 13일 금요일 오전 2:04
  • Hi 

Thanks for your reply,

My main concern is how to deal with visual studio FBA custom login page which I developed in dev server,how to deploy the solution into production?

regarding editing web.config files I will do as you mentioned in production.

Thanks

2018년 7월 13일 금요일 오전 9:10
  • Hi,

Download the solution from below link and then run deploy script in PowerShell.

https://www.visigo.com/products/sharepoint-fba-pack/download/

Best Regards,

Lee

2018년 7월 13일 금요일 오전 9:35
  • Hi Lee,

Thanks for your reply,I  am aware of deploying this Sp fba pack in production.

My query is all about deploying Visual Studio project which is "GG.Custom.Login" in production.

In my dev server visual studio  I created custom script for FBA login page project "GG.Custom.Login,the logic behind this project is if FBA user opens the link they will not see the windows authentication as it will redirect to FBA Custom login page where as window user open the link they will not see the FBA custom login page it will take then directly to windows authentication,I have done some research and updated my login.aspx.cs script with redirection code.

The same logic need to be done in production aswell as I cant do this visual studio work again in production I just want to know how to achieve this in production.

Do I need to add a feature in my visual studio project  and deploy in production? If so how to do that?

Thanks

• 편집됨 SDev11 2018년 7월 13일 금요일 오전 10:22
    2018년 7월 13일 금요일 오전 10:18
  • Hi,

If you followed same approach as below github project, go to the central administration --> Central Administration --> Application Management --> Manage web application --> Select Web application --> click on authentication providers in the ribbon bar --> Click on the zone where you want to apply custom login page --> Scroll down to the Sign In Page URL --> Click Custom Sign In Page and paste "~/_layouts/yourLoginpath.aspx" in the text box --> Click save

https://github.com/dipongkor/FBA-Custom-Login-Page   

Best Regards,

Lee

2018년 7월 16일 월요일 오전 5:02
  • Hi Lee,

Thatz perfect and many thanks for your solution,I have couple more queries before I perform the steps for deploying in production.

1)Do I need to perform the below stem on SP production server?

Add-SPSolution -LiteralPath "Path with file wsp name" (Example "c:\Sp.Login.Custom.wsp" ) Install-SPSolution -Identity Sp.Login.Custom.wsp -GACDeployment

2)During creating of FBA in dev server I have created a database aspnetdb in my sql management and added admin user and application user identity to the database ,after deploying SharePoint2016FBApack1.3.6 succefully in dev server all my users stored in this data base

my query is what should I do in production server about this database as you mentioned I should deploy sharePoint2016FBApack1.3.6 in production.

once again thanks.

2018년 7월 16일 월요일 오전 8:40
  • Hi,

Q1:

It’s needed as this will deploy your custom solution to PROD.

Q2:

You could use the dev farm DB if it’s same network while it’s recommended to backup the database from dev farm and then restore in PROD farm.

One thread for your reference.

https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/article/sql-server-database-backup-and-restore/

Best Regards,

Lee

2018년 7월 16일 월요일 오전 8:56