none
How to prevent installation of Office 2013 add-ons for IE?

질문

• Hello everyone,

I’m currently using MDT 2013 to install Office 2013 Pro on Windows 10, it is one of the applications being installed during deployment.

I used OCT to customize the Office installation options, selecting the applications to install and setting company's default settings.

Amidst other settings, I’ve disabled installation of OneDrive, Sync and InfoPath (marked them “Not Available”).

During Office 2013 deployment all goes well, only the selected applications are installed.

However, Lync add-ons are still  being installed in IE11 (Click-to-Dial and Browser Helper).
    Also SkyDrive Pro Browser Helper IE11 add-on is being installed but I can’t find any settings in OCT regarding SkyDrive. So far, trying to solve this I’ve enabled the option “Restrict ActiveX Install” and selected only “groove.exe” at Features > Modify user settings > Microsoft Office 2013 (Machine) > Security Settings > IE Security, All other settings of “IE Security” are not configured (using defaults).

I need to completely prevent the installation of this Add-on

Are there any settings at OCT I need to set to completely prevent the installation of these IE add-ons?
    If not, how can I remove them (not disable)?

Please note, due to compatibility issues with intranet applications, the standard browser for all employees is still IE11, not Edge.

2018년 6월 7일 목요일 오전 9:44

모든 응답

• Hi Jorge,

I haven't found an option to prevent these Add-ons from installing. However, you may try removing these Add-ons via deleting the corresponding registry key. To do this, please follow these steps:

(Important Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it.)

1. Get the CLSID for the add-on you want to enable or disable:

1. Open IE, click Tools, and then click Manage Add-ons.
    2. Double-click the add-on you want to change.
    3. In the More Information dialog, click Copy and then click Close.
    4. Open Notepad and paste the information for the add-on.
    5. On the Manage Add-ons windows, click Close.
    6. On the Internet Options dialog, click Close and then close IE.
    7. From the copied information, select and copy just the Class ID value. You want to copy the curly brackets as well as the CLSID: {31D09BA0-12F5-4CCE-BE8A-2923E76605DA}.

2. Open registry editor and search for registry keys for this string. Select 'Keys' and 'Match whole string only'.

3. Delete all found from the registry.

Try testing above steps on one computer, if it works, you can then delete these registry keys for all computers via GPO or script.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

2018년 6월 8일 금요일 오전 6:38
    중재자
  • Dear Jorge,

Just wanted to say hi and check if there is anything that I can do for you on this problem. If so, please do not hesitate to let me know and I will be happy to help.

Best Regards,
    Steve Fan 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

2018년 6월 11일 월요일 오전 9:20
    중재자