Inbound search RRS feed

• 질문

• Hi All,

We have setup the hybrid federated search in SharePoint 2016.

Currently Inbound and Outbound is working fine.

When we setup the external site in reverse proxy we only allow IP's coming from Microsoft SharePoint Online only.

When we search using inbound we can see the document but we cannot access the document because our IP is blocked. 

We tried to allow my IP on the firewall, after allowing it successfully render the files using the OOS on SP on-premise.

My question is do we need to allow the site to publish externally? I tried looking for the documentation on this but I cannot find any.

2020년 7월 25일 토요일 오전 5:32

모든 응답

• Hi Sakuragi19,

I don’t think you need to allow the site to publish externally.

This “SharePoint Server 2016” Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details.

Best regards,

Emily Du

"SharePoint" forums will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A !
    We invite you to post new questions in the "SharePoint" forums' new home on Microsoft Q&A !

2020년 7월 27일 월요일 오전 7:58
  • Hi Emily Du,

Thank you for your response.

How can we going to open the files when we are not going to make the site public? this is really frustrating.. 

Every time open file from SP online to SP On-premise we always get this error "This site can't be reached".

Maybe you can give any idea on how we can solve this issue or any link on the documentation.

• 편집됨 Sakuragi19 2020년 7월 27일 월요일 오전 11:24 update
    2020년 7월 27일 월요일 오전 11:24
  • Hi Sakuragi19,

You could refer this article to configure a site collection strategy by using a path-based web application with AAM.

This “SharePoint Server 2016” Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details.

Best regards,

Emily Du

We invite you to post new questions in the "SharePoint" forums' new home on Microsoft Q&A !

2020년 7월 28일 화요일 오전 9:00
  • Hi Sakuragi19,

I'm checking how the things are going on about this issue. Whether the post helps you?

You can mark the post as answer if it helps.

This forum will be locked down, if you still have issues about this question, you can continue to post in here before 8/10/2020. It is recommended to create a new question on Microsoft Q&A, we will continue to support you on the new home.

Best regards,

Emily Du

2020년 8월 3일 월요일 오전 10:39
  • Hi Sakuragi19,

Is there any progress on this issue?

If you find any replies helpful to you, please remember to mark them as answers.

It will help others who meet the similar question in this forum.

Thank you for your understanding.

This forum will be locked down, if you still have issues about this question, you can continue to post in here before 8/10/2020. It is recommended to create a new question on Microsoft Q&A, we will continue to support you on the new home.

Best regards,

Emily Du

2020년 8월 5일 수요일 오전 10:00