none
Set Field Value to Due Date Task List RRS feed

• 질문

• I want to set date1 column value to Due Date. After publish the workflow, in LOG I'm getting the Modified Date column value in Due Date log, but when I check the Task List there in Due Date column its not updating it. Please advice.

• 편집됨 SP2013Devp 2019년 10월 9일 수요일 오후 12:58
    2019년 10월 9일 수요일 오전 9:50

모든 응답

• Does your workflow run on document library or task list? 

How does ID in task list match with the ID in Document library? Both IDs will be different. Since, both IDs are different, you will not get the matching information from the task list.

There should be a common data field in the library and the task list which can be used in the above screenshot in place of "ID" & "Current Item:ID".

Please remember to up-vote & mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2019년 10월 9일 수요일 오전 11:14
  • My workflow is running on Shared Document Library. In this workflow I've add Start Approval Process from Task Action. Under this Start Approval Process I'm trying to set the Due Date field under Before a Task is Assigned.

• 편집됨 SP2013Devp 2019년 10월 9일 수요일 오후 1:00
    2019년 10월 9일 수요일 오전 11:49
  • Ok. But when you are assigning the due date, you have looked upto (ID = Current Item:ID). Why did you use this? Task ID and Document ID will be different. Is there any common column in library and task list? or any unique column (Other than ID) which is used in both library as well as task list. Or you can create a lookup of document id in the task list. That will be easier.

Please remember to up-vote & mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2019년 10월 9일 수요일 오후 12:16
  • I tried using some post to update the due date, even as per above screen I tried to store modify date in Date1 variable and then this variable I want to update in due date which is not updating.
    2019년 10월 10일 목요일 오전 5:45
  • In the post, the document library and task list might be connected by some field. Also, if the task is not created yet, there will be no item in the task list. When is the task getting created? You said you are updating the task due date. But there should be a task in the task list first.

2019년 10월 10일 목요일 오전 7:09
  • Hi SP2013Devp,

Based on your previous description, you can refer to the steps below:

1.Create a site column(test date) and add it to library.

2.Set the time of test date, you can also set the default value of this column to the current date.

3.Edit workflow

4. The due date was correctly modified:

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

2019년 10월 10일 목요일 오전 7:40
  • Harshal, I think you are not able to understand my problem which I posted above. I repeated many times, I've created a variable which is having some date time value and its updating correctly to Due Date column. Only the problem is its assigning the same due date for all the task however in Log I'm getting the correct updated date. 

Could anyone please advice, in Serial Workflow how to update Due Date column so once new task will create it will set Due Date as per our updated variable value in Due Date column. Thanks

2019년 10월 10일 목요일 오전 8:00
  • Thanks Itch.

This is what I was looking. I'll try this and update you.

2019년 10월 10일 목요일 오전 8:01
  • Hi SP2013Devp,

I'm glad to hear from you.

If you have any questions, you can update them at any time.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

2019년 10월 10일 목요일 오전 8:03
  • Hi Itch,

As per your post my Due Date list is updating correctly. Now I change the add day to minutes, 
    , I'm using serial workflow for multiple approver, so now whenever new task will create it will add 10 mints to current item modify date for the next user task list Due Date. But I'm not sure why its setting the same Due Date Time for all the tasks in task list

1) I'm setting the Modified date to varModifyDate 
    2) Adding 10 minutes to varModifyDate and storing a variable date
    3) Adding the variable date to Document Library workflowtest column testdate
    4) setting the documentlibrary column testdate to Due Date. 

• 편집됨 SP2013Devp 2019년 10월 10일 목요일 오전 11:06
    2019년 10월 10일 목요일 오전 11:02
  • Hi SP2013Devp,

Based on your description, my understanding is that every time a new task is created, the due date increases by 10 minutes(Effect sying similar to increments).

"Before a task is assigned" section in SharePoint workflow, this section will only be executed once, and the next time the workflow is triggered, it will not save the last run variable data, etc., and it will rerun the calculation.

Data in variable date will be reset the next time the workflow is run.

So when you test, there will be the same Due Date Time for all the tasks in task list.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards

Itch Sun

2019년 10월 11일 금요일 오전 9:30
  • Thanks Itch for clarification.

As per your above post first paragraph, YES - whenever new task will create it should add 10 mints from date of creation to Task List Due Date.

I'm not taking the value from the variable to set the Due Date, I'm taking the value from SharePoint Column which is getting updated by Modified Date Colum Everytime when user complete his task as per above workflow screen shot I posted. My document library column updating correctly adding 10 mints from Task Completed Date. So this updated date I want to set in Task List Due Date before creating the task to the next person.

But workflow not setting the updated value from document library to Task List Due Date, it is setting the same first due date for every new created task.

• 편집됨 SP2013Devp 2019년 10월 13일 일요일 오전 8:47
    2019년 10월 13일 일요일 오전 5:20
  • Is the person editing the same task which was created for the document and assigning it to the next person?

2019년 10월 13일 일요일 오전 7:33
  • Harshal, No, person will only approve his task and new task will be created for next user adding 10 mints with current date.
    2019년 10월 13일 일요일 오전 8:15
  • And how is this new task created? Before this new task, you will have to repeat the time addition step by getting the last modified date of previous task.

2019년 10월 13일 일요일 오전 8:38
  • Hi Itch, Could you please look my comment and advice.
    2019년 10월 15일 화요일 오전 5:07
  • Hi SP2013Devp,

I think you need to set up two workflows.

First workflow, assigning Modified date to test date column.

The second workflow in the start option selects to run the workflow automatically when the item is changed and created.

In second workflow : add 10 minutes to “test date”, then update the items in the list, and finally set the document library column “test date” to Due Date.

Best regards

Itch Sun

2019년 10월 16일 수요일 오전 8:35
  • Thanks Itch, let me try this option and update you. Thanks
    2019년 10월 16일 수요일 오전 9:12
  • Hi SP2013Devp,

I am checking your situation here.

Any progress on your troubleshooting?

If you think the replies are helpful to you, please remember to mark them as answers. It will help others who meet the similar question in this forum.

Best Regards

Itch Sun

2019년 10월 21일 월요일 오전 7:23
  • Hi Itch, I tried but still facing other issue on it..I marked your first post as helpful. Thanks.
    2019년 10월 22일 화요일 오후 12:32
  • Hi SP2013Devp,

Is it still relevant to this problem?

You can share the problem.

If it's something else, you can open a new post.

Best regards

Itch Sun

2019년 10월 23일 수요일 오전 7:51