none
privacy settings public or private when i create site RRS feed

• 질문

• hi all

when i create team site at sharepoint online 

its ask me privacy settings public or private when i create site 

if i select public Supposed anyone can access site (outside) or member on telent group but i find out must allow external

sharing to access site 

and i think public and private the same feature there is no difference

thx  

2019년 9월 17일 화요일 오전 11:00

답변

• Hi,

When we create a modern team site in SharePoint Online, it will automatically create a team group which has a unique alias in this tenant.

If you set this team site to be public, the site will be accessible to all users in this tenant, whether they are in this team group or not. This site will grant access to “Team Members” and “Everyone except external users”.

One the other hand, if you set this team site to be private, the site will be accessible only to the users in this team group, known as “Team Members”.

External users need external sharing to get access to Office 365 environment, which is not covered in either scenarios.

Here’s your reference.

Manage your SharePoint site settings.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/manage-your-sharepoint-site-settings-8376034d-d0c7-446e-9178-6ab51c58df42

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• 답변으로 표시됨 Ahmed..Yehia 2019년 9월 18일 수요일 오전 9:21
    2019년 9월 18일 수요일 오전 6:13