Multiple install failures of KB938371 RRS feed

• 질문

• I have tried a few times to install SP1, both using Windows Update as well as the standalone package.  Both fail.  The only update needed before installing SP1 that fails is KB938371; the other 2 updates installed without incident.  When attempting to install KB938371, I got the following error codes (from 1st attempt to last attempt):  error 0x80070020, error 0x80070020, error 0x80071a91, 0x80071a91, error 0x80246007, 0x80246007.

When I attempted to install with the standalone package, I stopped all 3rd party software, including my antivirus and firewall.  I have restarted BITS and made sure that "automatic updates" is enabled.  Also, when my computer restarts to configure the updates, I receive the following errors:  "Some changes could not be completed.  Reverting changes."  And also:  "Configuring updates 2 of 3 12% complete." but this ends with:  "Updates were not configured correctly.  Reverting changes."  Lastly, I never touched the computer while it was attempting to install SP1.

I have Vista Ultimate and all updates have been installed leading up to KB938371 and SP1.

Any workaround, fixes, suggestions?

Thanks,
    edsager

2007년 12월 21일 금요일 오후 10:52

답변

• RPtasiuk,

Thanks for the suggestions, but I already had those updates installed.

To All:

I need to provide an update:

Microsoft provided free assistance during which they had shared control of my computer, and through this assistance, the KB938371 was installed.  I had to do an in-place upgrade, as well as several other things, but I must admit I was impressed with the amount of time Microsoft spent with my case.  It took several hours on 5 consecutive days, and I would receive calls from the Microsoft tech help person every day to see how things were going.

While I was able to install KB938371, I still could not install SP1.  I was told by Microsoft that I should try to install SP1 in a couple weeks and that if I have not been able to install SP1 in a month, I should contact them again for assistance.  Also, I was told that if Microsoft finds a solution for my situation, I would receive a call back from Microsoft.

The procedure and time involved with attempting to install SP1 has been very frustrating, but I am very pleased with the help I received.

I guess this thread can now be at an end, unless someone else has anything more to say.

Thanks for all the sugggestions,
    edsager
    2008년 5월 2일 금요일 오후 8:24

모든 응답

• I've got the same thing going on. Can't find any info on this error.

2007년 12월 22일 토요일 오후 3:30
  • I am also getting the same error.  I have been having this for well over a week, cant find a solution at all...

2007년 12월 23일 일요일 오후 1:41
  • 0x80070020 -2147024864 STIERR_SHARING_VIOLATION The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process 

0x80246007 -2145099769 SUS_E_DM_NOTDOWNLOADED The update has not been downloaded.

Transaction support within the specified file system resource manager is not started or was shutdown due to an error. (0x80071A91)

Transaction support within the specified file system resource manager is not started or was shutdown due to an error. (0x80071A91)

Please try again.

Microsoft help wasn’t really helpful: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927748/en-us. Googling didn’t bring any luck either, so I start researching toward file system resource manager (FSRM). Accidently I found that fsutil tool has an additional argument “resource”, which evidently controls FSRM behavior.

So, if you see a bunch of failed Windows Updates and/or your Vista files backup doesn’t work anymore, here are the steps you need to do in order to reset FSRM:

1. Click “WinKey” on your keyboard.
    2. Type “cmd” and hit Ctrl+Shift+Enter. That will bring you to the command prompt in Administrator mode. It you still have UAC enabled, it will ask you for permissions, click “OK”.
    3. Navigate to your Vista system folder (i.e. C:\Windows\System32)
    4. Type “fsutil resource setautoreset true C:” assuming that you have your Vista on drive C. 
    5. Reboot.
    2007년 12월 26일 수요일 오전 11:51
  • Thank you asaertetretr, but I have already tried that solution.  Unfortunately, it did not work.  Also, many have stated that Step Four (4) should be modified to add a \ after C:.

Any other suggestions from anyone?  I considered trying to install in Safe Mode, but have yet to find the time.

Thank you,
    edsager
    2007년 12월 26일 수요일 오후 4:25
  • I am afraid I don't have a solution either. However, this seems to be an occuring error situation, as I have it too.

I did try the stand alone and downloaded version of the install with the same result.

Any ideas out there?

Thx
    2008년 1월 3일 목요일 오전 9:52
  • I have a similair problem. Not sure if it's the same. Ony I have an old version of KB938371 installed (from the Sp1 preview). This old version installed fine, but the SP1 failed to install with the same error message.

With the RC the install already fails while installing KB938371 with the error message: 80070020 (sharing violation). 

I'll submit a bug report using the beta client this weekend. Of course windows problem reports and solutions has a couple of reports too (for example bucketid: 115964954) but I'm not sure if Microsoft is looking at those for SP1...

What kind of error messages do you guys get in the problem reports and solutions tool?

2008년 1월 3일 목요일 오후 5:12
  • Hi,

My error message also has 80070020 code. Though my first attempt was two days ago, ie the latest SP1 update package. LEt's hope that someone manages to crack this one.

BTW, how do I generate bug report, so I can post it for analysis?

Ta
    2008년 1월 3일 목요일 오후 8:23
  • I did not install the SP1 preview, only the recent RC.

Error messages from Problem Reports and Solutions are as follows:

Product
    Windows Modules Installer

Problem
    WINDOWS_WCP_POQEXEC_FAILURE2

Date
    12/29/2007 1:39 PM

Status
    Not Reported

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name:    WINDOWS_WCP_POQEXEC_FAILURE2
    OsVersion:    6.0.6001.17052:1
    Operation:    SetFileInformation
    OS Version:    6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID:    1033

Files that help describe the problem
    pending.xml
    pending.xml.bad
    poqexec.log
    Cbs.log
    Cbs.persist.log
    SCM.EVM
    FilterList.log
    memory.hdmp
    minidump.mdmp

Another one:

Product

Problem
    WindowsWcpOtherFailure3

Date
    12/21/2007 6:58 AM

Status
    Not Reported

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name:    WindowsWcpOtherFailure3
    File:    base\wcp\sil\merged\ntu\ntsystem.cpp
    Function:    Windows::Rtl:Tongue TiedystemImplementation:Big SmileirectFileSystemProvider:Tongue TiedysCreateFile
    Line:    1802
    StackHash:    0xd1b90677

pending.xml.bad
    poqexec.log
    Cbs.log
    Cbs.persist.log
    SCM.EVM
    FilterList.log
    memory.hdmp
    minidump.mdmp

Another one:

Product

Problem
    CbsPackageServicingFailure

Date
    1/2/2008 3:40 AM

Status
    Not Reported

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name:    CbsPackageServicingFailure
    Stack Version:    6.0.6001.17052
    Package:    Package_for_KB938371~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.24
    Failure Source:    Execute
    Start State:    Staged
    Target State:    Installed

cbs.log
    cbs.persist.log
    poqexec.log
    pending.xml.bad
    setupapi.dev.log
    windowsupdate.log

I have spoken to some employees at Microsoft who have installed the recent RC SP1 and they found it made Vista quite a bit faster.  I would love to experience that.

Thanks,
    edsager
    2008년 1월 3일 목요일 오후 8:28
  • Hmmm....  Very interesting that some of the log was replaced by icons.  Weird.

edsager
    2008년 1월 3일 목요일 오후 8:33
  • mine are here... though virtually identical:

Product

Problem
    WINDOWS_WCP_POQEXEC_FAILURE2

Date
    03/01/2008 18:15

Status
    Not Reported

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name:    WINDOWS_WCP_POQEXEC_FAILURE2
    Operation:    SetFileInformation
    Locale ID:    2057

pending.xml
    pending.xml.bad
    poqexec.log
    Cbs.log
    Cbs.persist.log
    SCM.EVM
    FilterList.log
    memory.hdmp
    minidump.mdmp

AND

Product

Problem
    CbsPackageServicingFailure

Date
    03/01/2008 18:16

Status
    Not Reported

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name:    CbsPackageServicingFailure
    Stack Version:    6.0.6001.17052
    Package:    Package_for_KB938371~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.24
    Failure Source:    POQ
    Start State:    Staged
    Target State:    Permanent
    Locale ID:    2057

cbs.log
    cbs.persist.log
    poqexec.log
    pending.xml.bad
    setupapi.dev.log
    windowsupdate.log

2008년 1월 3일 목요일 오후 8:34
  • Though I have only two of the previously reported three reports by our friend here.

The missing one is WindowsWcpOtherFailure3.

The system tried to install the updates on five occassions, yet only generated the two reports as I sent earlier.
    2008년 1월 3일 목요일 오후 8:55
  • Included are some of the files that were reported in the ualt reporting. Unfortunately some of the other log files are too large, though if any specific one is needed to shed some light on the problem, I am happy to upload upon request.

poqexec.log
    cbs.log
    windowsupdate.log
    2008년 1월 4일 금요일 오전 8:25
  • I tried installing while the computer was in Safe Mode.  No dice--did not complete installation.

Thanks,
    edsager
    2008년 1월 4일 금요일 오후 9:06
  • Thanks for trying, I was wondering if it makes any difference...

By looking at the reports, there seems to be quite a few processes that interfered with the installation.

BTW, I did try installing without anti-virus being present...  to no avail.
    2008년 1월 4일 금요일 오후 9:12
  • You guys can use this tool to report a bug: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=43655 to the SP1 team. They may or may not read these forums. To be on the safe side we should file a bug report.

Unfortunately the download link doesn't seem to work....

2008년 1월 5일 토요일 오전 9:05
  • I went into the logs today and found the following error message in cbs.log:

Error: ResolvePendingTransactions called after poqexec failure (call 1)
      Status = STATUS_SHARING_VIOLATION, Operation = SetFileInformation, DiagString = [l:92{46}]"\??\C:\Windows\System32\oleaut32.dll, N/A, N/A"

This seems to be the cause of the failure (for me). No idea why this occurs though. This file shouldn't be in use during a reboot and I don't see anything unusual in the permissions. (TrustedInstaller had all security priviliges it could possible have).

Ah well, I'll file a proper bug report when the damn beta tool works

2008년 1월 5일 토요일 오전 9:55

• I managed to download a copy of the reporting tool and posted it to my skydrive. Below is a link for anybody who needs it again.

I have just filed a report about the bug, so hopefully it will get looked at.

The version is:
    Microsoft beta client 1.20.2844.30137

or copy&paste the following link.
    http://cid-33c5e7d6823c255c.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/bugreportingtoolsetup.exe
    2008년 1월 5일 토요일 오후 12:42
  • Yep that pretty much sums it up...

Same error message in my error log.
    2008년 1월 6일 일요일 오전 9:35
  • Im getting the same issues and I can't seem to figure out why I can't install SP1.  Seems like one of the SP1 patches broke my windows installer and I can't seem to uninstall/reinstall it.
    2008년 1월 6일 일요일 오후 7:29
  • Has anyone found a solution to this yet?

I am still getting multiple failed installations of KB938371, but this time with v.1.025.

Just wondering,
    edsager
    2008년 1월 29일 화요일 오후 7:12
  • I forgot to mention that I am the "Anonymous" who started this thread and finally updated my profile.

edsager
    2008년 1월 29일 화요일 오후 7:15
  • hi,

Presently I disabled 1.024 download and waiting for some resolution. How did you get 1.025?

Ta Pete
    2008년 1월 29일 화요일 오후 11:08
  • drakula,

I am unsure of how exactly I was able to eliminate the 1.024 and get Windows Update to move to 1.025.  The circumstances were these:  I installed the latest updates manually after Patch Tuesday this month (Windows Update would not automatically update, so I had to download and update manually each update).  Then I found a new SP1 CMD file on MS downloads site (name:  "Windows Update Experience for RC Refresh Public Availability.exe") and downloaded it.  I then did the following: 
    1. Turn off UAC
    2.  run "fsutil resource setautoreset true c:\" in the cmd.
    3.  Reboot.

Then I ran the RCRefreshSP1betaprogramsRK.cmd file and tried to update Windows Vista via Windows Update again.  That was when 1.025 magically appeared.

I am unsure what I did, but I think it might have been the use of fsutil & running the CMD file.

Thanks,
    edsager

2008년 1월 30일 수요일 오후 7:45
  • I have tried multiple time to install sp1 rc1 on my vista ultimate system but continue to get error code 5 but each time i try to find out what that is i get results for every other error message out there, so what is error code 5 and how do i get around it or solve it

2008년 1월 30일 수요일 오후 9:00
  •  

I have also had multiple failures with KB938371, and so havemany others, I have tried all solutions given by colleagues on this forum with no success therefore for all of us this time microsoft must come up with the answer.

I have Vista Business 64 bit on a Dell D830 Latitude with 4GB ram, T7100 cpu 800mhz fsb

2008년 2월 13일 수요일 오전 9:07
  • Hi, I'm running Vista Business 32 bit. After uninstalling my firewall (COMODO), I managed to install KB938371. If that doesn't work you can try what rosch1 (http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2689595&SiteID=17) did :

Stop the Automatic Updates service.

Delete C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution

Go back to Windows Update and retry the update

Hope this helps

2008년 2월 13일 수요일 오후 5:02
  •  

Have we installed beta or RC version of SP1? If so, let's uninstall them. Then let's try to install SP1 in Safe Mode to check the isue again.

If the issue persists, we may have to perform In place upgrade to repair the Windows Update components and remove all the installed updates, and then use the SP1 standalone installer, which contains all the previous released updates and hotfixes to check the issue again.

Please take your time and keep us informed.

Nice day.

2008년 2월 14일 목요일 오전 5:09
  • After numerous failed installs - I was able to use the steps provided to install KB938371.  Rather than delete the C:\Windows|SoftwareDistribution folder, I just moved it and the update installed correctly.   Thanks for your tip.

2008년 2월 19일 화요일 오후 7:43
  • I had that problem too.  But when I ran the update up to the point where it asks you to restart then I restarted it in  Safe Mode.  The update was successful.  Hope this works for you.

2008년 2월 23일 토요일 오전 3:33
  • Interestingly, I hid the v.1.025 update and two weeks later, I noticed that KB938371 was sucessfully installed.  No version No. associated with it, so I assume it is the final one.

Hope everyone else saw such mysterious success,
    edsager
    2008년 3월 10일 월요일 오후 3:51
  • Interesting update:  In Windows Update "View Update History," it shows that KB938371 was sucessfully installed; however, when I look at the Installed Updates under Programs and Features in the Control Panel, no reference to KB938371 being installed exists.

I am, once again, stumped.  This lack of update seems to prevent me from getting SP1.

Anyone else with any ideas?

Thanks,
    edsager
    2008년 3월 19일 수요일 오후 7:57
  • I have been trying to install this update since Feb 14th with no success.
    Today another update appeared, KB947821.
    When this one was installed, KB938371 installed with no problem.
    So it looks like, for me at least,  installing KB947821 does the trick.

Hope this helps someone else :-)
    2008년 3월 20일 목요일 오후 6:52
  • Gandalf999,

Thanks for the suggestion, but when I try to manually install
    KB947821 (it does not show up on its own), I get the following alert:  "The update does not apply to your system."

Thanks for the suggestion,
    edsager
    2008년 3월 22일 토요일 오전 7:36
  • Not sure if this issue still exists, as SP1 is now in a public realease. As far as i understand this applied to Release candidate 1, which needs to be uninstalled if you wish to proceed with the final release version.

My PC is now on SP1.

Take care,

Dr.

2008년 3월 22일 토요일 오전 7:44
  •  Gandalf999 wrote:
    I have been trying to install this update since Feb 14th with no success.
    Today another update appeared, KB947821.
    When this one was installed, KB938371 installed with no problem.
    So it looks like, for me at least,  installing KB947821 does the trick.

Hope this helps someone else :-)

More bad news.
    One of the above updates broke my internet connection so I had to reload a backup to get rid of them, as there was no way to uninstall them.
    I did not try to install SP1 after installing the above updates but SP1 certainly would not work before I did them.
    Will try again with the updates and then SP1 straight after, at a later date !!!
    2008년 3월 23일 일요일 오전 6:13
  • drakula,

Thank you for your reply.  It seems I may need to either start a new thread or even better, contact Microsoft to help get a solution, especially with Microsoft being local for me.

It was my understanding that KB938371 has always been a necessary update for SP1, whatever flavor it was, and because I was never able to install it, I never was able to install SP1 RC1. My computer still tells me I need to install said update.

I also noticed that the 2 prerequisite updates which did install on my computer as well as the KB938371 all have release dates of mid-February 2008, yet when I downloaded them from Microsoft Downloads last week, they all had release dates of mid-March 2008.  As I cannot uninstall the 2 prerequisites which were installed on my machine, I have no way of installing the same numbered updates which have more recent release dates.

I must admit to being very frustrated.

I will post back if I find a solution.

One question I have for those having similar problems to mine is, did you go from dual-booting XP Pro (installed first) with Vista to only booting Vista?  I wonder if that is what is giving me problems.

Thanks,
    edsager
    2008년 3월 23일 일요일 오전 8:27
  •  

Dear ed,

I don't need to start any new threads, as I need no help. I was merely replying to the issue. You might notice that I have been contribution to this thread almost from teh begining, back in January.

The issues have now gone away. I downloaded and installed the stand alone SP1, as the update via automatic update was giving me a headache.

Have a go too.

Rock on!

dr.

2008년 3월 23일 일요일 오전 9:48
  • drakula,

I did not mean to imply you needed to start a new thread; rather, if you re-read the
    first phrase of the second sentence of my post, it states:  "It seems I may need to either start a new thread or...[.]"

Sorry if offense was taken,
    edsager
    2008년 3월 23일 일요일 오후 8:26
  • Apologies, my mistake for not reading your post correctly.

Hope that you get your SP1 solution. Sometimes, it's worth starting from the beginning...

Regards,

dr

2008년 3월 24일 월요일 오전 8:53
  •  

You must have KB937287 installed before this one will install.  AND you MUST have installed update 949939 before that.

Check your update history to see if you have them. 

If not get them here for your processor (x86 or 64)  (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937287/)

2008년 5월 2일 금요일 오전 10:30
  • RPtasiuk,

Thanks for the suggestions, but I already had those updates installed.

To All:

I need to provide an update:

Microsoft provided free assistance during which they had shared control of my computer, and through this assistance, the KB938371 was installed.  I had to do an in-place upgrade, as well as several other things, but I must admit I was impressed with the amount of time Microsoft spent with my case.  It took several hours on 5 consecutive days, and I would receive calls from the Microsoft tech help person every day to see how things were going.

While I was able to install KB938371, I still could not install SP1.  I was told by Microsoft that I should try to install SP1 in a couple weeks and that if I have not been able to install SP1 in a month, I should contact them again for assistance.  Also, I was told that if Microsoft finds a solution for my situation, I would receive a call back from Microsoft.

The procedure and time involved with attempting to install SP1 has been very frustrating, but I am very pleased with the help I received.

I guess this thread can now be at an end, unless someone else has anything more to say.

Thanks for all the sugggestions,
    edsager
    2008년 5월 2일 금요일 오후 8:24
  • This is what finally did it for me!!  I was having part 3 of 3 hang at various percentages beforehand, never to pass 85 or 87%.  Even renaming the pending.xml failed because it was no longer recognizing my Vista as genuine.  I rolled back to my Acronis TrueImage backup from February and did the following:

I rebooted when required.  This was for a 32-bit Vista Business Edition on a VAIO Micro UX390N.

1.  Installed only 949939
    2.  Installed only 937287
    3.  Installed only 938371
    4.  Installed 937954 (I cannot even find this online...possibly installed as part of something else?)
    5.  Installed 935509 (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=403a47fc-38b9-4375-a115-df403b0db5ef&DisplayLang=en)
    6.  Installed 947821 (System Update Readiness Tool; http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=d22af4e2-1aaf-4672-8951-4b7920f982e9&DisplayLang=en)

I had installed the WGA plug-in for Firefox and ensured before attempting to patch that I passed the WGA.  I don't know if that could be 937954 above, but I cannot find any other reference to that patch...nevertheless, it was installed in the above order.

Finally, I installed the KB936330 (557,367 KB) all languages version of the patch (released in April) for x86 machines.

One final note:  I did uninstall an expired trial of Office 2007 and Office 2007 Activation Assistant prior to the final reboot and install of KB936330.  Perhaps more importantly, prior to the final reboot and install I also turned off my wireless and went into KIS (Kaspersky) 7.0 settings, then unchecked protection and autostart of services.  When I originally installed Vista on my UX, I had to do so from discs ordered off Sony's esupport; this load was much faster than the originally supplied Vista load.  Otherwise, the install of Kaspersky or various other programs caused the Vista LF mode error to occur. 

Anyway, the service pack install went without a hitch following the above, and I then restarted and reenabled KIS and my internet connectivity.  I had to reassociate my bluetooth mouse but otherwise everything else worked fine. 

Also be aware that you may need to switch or update wireless drivers afterward.  I have observed that my connection shows fair to poor and I'm about 6 feet away from my router. 

Ross

2008년 5월 4일 일요일 오후 3:32
  •  

i have figured out how to fix the problem.

Go to "run" and type in "services.msc"

hit continue on the UAC screen

locate Office Source Engine and double click it

about halfway down the dialoug, there is a Startup Type box. change it to manual and then start the service.

now you can install the update. hope this helps.

2008년 5월 29일 목요일 오전 11:29
  • after a couple of hours painfully trying to get update KB938371 i checked installed updates and hey presto there it is. wierd thing is it has not showed up on update history and microsoft update still offers it to me. i would just like to know if i will get any future updates.

2008년 6월 5일 목요일 오후 6:09
  • I believe that this worked for me as well. I have attempted just about every other idea with no results. The one thing I found, though was that it took me three tries to get Office Source Engine to stay started. When it did, KB938371 finally installed correctly.
    2008년 6월 22일 일요일 오후 6:47
  • I had this Same Exact Problem,

However I got lucky. I downloaded the patch to my local hard drive and installed it from there. It installed ok.

2008년 9월 2일 화요일 오전 4:34
  • I had this issue and what worked for me was I reinstalled vista using the upgrade option within the Vista instalation menu. Download KB938371 from microsft as a stand alone installation file and save it to your desktop.  Re-upgrade vista using the Vista CD.  Once vista was reinstalled,  I manually installed KB938371 before any other updates began via windows update.  

That seemed to do the trick and then i was able to finish all the other updates including SP1 via windows update.  Issue solved.

As a side note: I noticed once I reinstalled vista that my antivirus (norton) had not migrated over through the upgrade process. Erring on the side of caution, I decided to wait until the updates from microdoft finished before reinstalling Norton.
    2008년 9월 30일 화요일 오후 3:51
  • I had this same problem since spring 2008 when this KB938371 was released, and it affected my both 2 home computers and
    i have spent hours to Google answers and read these forums, but never found anything what helps, kind of strange that
    this seems to affect lot of users (considering how much different forum question hits Google gives you when searching this KB number) and still Microsoft themself dont have made any instructions how to resolve this.

Well i dont have exact answer myself, but i try to tell what happened in my case.

My first machine Intel Q6600 machine with Intel chipset and Nvidia GPU-card, again with this machine KB938371 always failed but
    suddenly in december 2008 when i made standard monthly updates using Windows Update it all the sudden installed correctly, only
    things what comes to mind what i did differently before is that i installed those recommended updates also from Windows Update what i have always before just ignored.. well that could be just coincidence i dont know, but then 938371 installed and then SP1 come to available also in Windows Update.

My second machine AMD X2 4400+ machine with VIA chipset and Nvidia GPU-card. Same thing like above last night i made effort to finally install this machine also KB938371, like previous case i downloaded all possible updates from Windows Update those recommended ones also but no effect this time, 938371 still dont install correctly.

In this thread someone suggested that KB949939 and KB937287 should also be there, so next i look that 949939 was already installed in my machine but 937287 was not (it was not even offered in Windows Update), so i download that manually and install it, again after that reboot and try to now install this "famous" 938371, but NO still failed!! Next i just in case disabled UAC. Again reboot and back to Windows Update, and now there is NEW update offered to me, its "System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista" ( http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821 ), so naturally i download that and after long install/scan prosess its installed, time to reboot once again, then back to Windows Update and now KB938371 FINALLY installed successfully. Also now SP1 come to available also and that install went like charm no problems there.

So 2 different cases and 2 different solutions, my feeling is that it's just pure luck if you have troubles or not with this update :)

PS. Both machines and Vistas are 64bit versions, and also some other forum text suggested trying reset IE (tools-> internet options-> advanced).. i do that also both machines, but have no idea if it had any effect but i should mention that also in this. Also both machines had different security software other has Bitdefender and other has Kaspersky and they had all the time disabled during those update procedures.

2008년 12월 27일 토요일 오전 11:56