none
Variation root must be a Publishing site RRS feed

• 질문

• I'm trying to create site variations of all site and subsite collections in SharePoint to accommodate different languages, and I'm getting stuck very early on.  After going to Home -> Site Settings -> Variation Settings and trying to create a variation of the top-level website (i.e. '\'), I get the error

Variation root must be a Publishing site.

Is there something really simple that I'm missing here?  Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Steven
    2007년 6월 7일 목요일 오전 12:47

모든 응답

• No, you're missing nothing. The site varations feature in Sharepoint 2007 only works for publishing pages, not for list or document libraries. Therefore it makes sense, that the root web for a variation has to be a publishing site.
    Nevertheless, this information will not help you too much I guess since you are looking for a real multi language feature in Sharepoint 2007. The bad news is: there is none. You can have a look at my ideas for workarounds here
    Regards
    René
    2007년 6월 8일 금요일 오전 9:59
  • Thanks René. I'll look into it and let you know how it goes.
    2007년 6월 8일 금요일 오전 11:28
  •                Hello 

Solution is simple. you got just to activate the publishing and standard features of shearepoint both 
                   in site and scope level then you will be able to create variations even in blank site it does not to be publishing one 
                   here is the procedure 
                   1) go to  Home -> Site Settings -> modify all site setting -> site collection administration -> site collection features then activate
                   office sharepoint server publishing infrastructure and office sharepoint server standard site collection features
                   2)go to  Home -> Site Settings -> modify all site setting ->  site administrationsite -> features then activate
                   office sharepoint server publishing  and office sharepoint server standard site collection features
                   3) now create your variation label, set variation root, and create your site hierarchy 

cheers ;)

Momo
    • 답변으로 제안됨 Mohamed Hachem 2009년 9월 1일 화요일 오후 2:59
    • 답변으로 제안 취소됨 Mike Walsh FIN 2009년 9월 1일 화요일 오후 3:09
    2009년 9월 1일 화요일 오후 2:59
  • I had a similar error. Even if sitecollection and Website Features für Publishing Site have been activated some lists must have been missing in SharePoint. So I deactivated and activated the Website Publishing Feature and the lists that were not already there have been created in Addition by the System. Now Variation works.

By the way: the deactivation of the Publishing Website Feature did not delete any ob the existing lists or data.

2019년 8월 26일 월요일 오전 7:56