none
automate install/add additional Office component

질문

• Hi,

I have a demand for installing/adding Outlook Component to existing Office 2013/2016 installation.

Office was installed in the corporate image without Outlook (Lotus was used).

Now I have to "enable" Outlook. Sure want to eliminate if possible local clicks from Control Panel for adding Outlook.

Is it doable by GP?.

Thanks.

--- When you hit a wrong note its the next note that makes it good or bad. --- Miles Davis

• 편집됨 pob579 2018년 4월 30일 월요일 오후 2:59
    2018년 4월 30일 월요일 오후 2:59

답변

• Hi,

Yes, you can try the /Modify command line with Setup.exe file.

Alternatively, we can use the Office Customization Tool (OCT) to set the feature installation states for each Office applications (enable Outlook to run from my computer). Do other wanted settings and save the customization MSP file.
    Then users can apply the Setup customization .msp file by double-clicking the .msp file or by running msiexec with the /p option, at a command prompt as shown in the following example:
    msiexec.exe /p \\server\share\custom.msp

If you want to apply it for all existing computers in your environment, use a deployment management program, such as Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager, to deploy Setup customization files. 

For more information about OCT setting of existing Office configuration, please read:
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc179141.aspx#BKMK_CustomizeExistingInstall

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

2018년 5월 1일 화요일 오전 7:39
    중재자

모든 응답

• found this

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc178956.aspx#BKMK_modify

will give a try (the commands use network share. In my case it is local installation)

If somebody have a suggestion ... please...

--- When you hit a wrong note its the next note that makes it good or bad. --- Miles Davis

2018년 4월 30일 월요일 오후 6:21
  • Hi,

Yes, you can try the /Modify command line with Setup.exe file.

Alternatively, we can use the Office Customization Tool (OCT) to set the feature installation states for each Office applications (enable Outlook to run from my computer). Do other wanted settings and save the customization MSP file.
    Then users can apply the Setup customization .msp file by double-clicking the .msp file or by running msiexec with the /p option, at a command prompt as shown in the following example:
    msiexec.exe /p \\server\share\custom.msp

If you want to apply it for all existing computers in your environment, use a deployment management program, such as Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager, to deploy Setup customization files. 

For more information about OCT setting of existing Office configuration, please read:
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc179141.aspx#BKMK_CustomizeExistingInstall

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

2018년 5월 1일 화요일 오전 7:39
    중재자
  • Thanks for reminding OCT for Adding features.

I used it with MDT a while ago.

2018년 5월 2일 수요일 오전 11:40
  • Hi,

I did some search on web for my question. Many long blogs with low rate of success at the end.

So, decided to ask here...

Office 2013/16 is installed without Outlook enabled (Lotus was used). Organisation switched to O365.

OWA must be used in 95%. But there is an urgent demand for enabling Outlook client on local pcs for dedicated group of users (mostly administration).

The request excludes the option for sending instructions with enabling Outlook (Control Panel\add to Office...).

I am trying to find an automation method.

Created MSP for enabling Outlook.

Known obstacles:

1. cannot be installed by GPO. Requires SCCM for distribution (don' have)

2. cannot execute MSP from non admin account. Thought about providing MSP to user but even that is not doable for non admin.

Questions:

1. is there an other alternative to SCCM for MSP distribution?

or

2. is there a proven solution for installing MSP remotely?

Workstations are mostly Windows 7.

Thanks.

2018년 5월 9일 수요일 오후 2:40