none
Incoming/Outgoing Network Connection Logs on Windows Server 2012 RRS feed

• 질문

• Hi All

I have windows server 2012 and is it possible to check Incomiing/Outgoing Connection Logs?

for example, I want to check which IPs have entered/accessed my server and which IPs that have been accessed by my server yesterday? So that I know my server network activity

Thanks

2019년 9월 27일 금요일 오전 12:03

모든 응답

• Hi,

Thank you for posting in forum!

As I understand, you want to check the IP addresses that your computer has entered or accessed. If misunderstand, please let me know.

There are three methods to check the Incoming/Outgoing connection information.

1.Windows Firewall can log any ingoing/outgoing activity.This will need to open Windows 12’s Windows Firewall with Advanced Security feature first.

The log will show below:

For more details about Windows Firewall Log, please refer to the following link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-server-2003/cc758040(v=ws.10)?redirectedfrom=MSDN

To open the log please refer the following steps:

1)Press Win+R, type wf.msc, and press Enter. The targeted window will pops open.

2)Then, click Properties link on the right side of the screen. 

3)Click Customize… button in the Logging section. In the dialog box that pops up, specify where you want to save the log file, the maximum log size, and whether to log dropped packets and successful connections.

4)Back to the main Windows Firewall and Advanced Security window. Click Monitoring on the left side panel, locate the Logging Settings section in the middle side of panel, and click the file link for the log file.

5)The log will open in Notepad automatically.

2.If you need more details about incoming and outgoing network connections information, you could use MS Network Monitor. Here is the download link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=4865

3.You can use the cmd command: netstat to choose which command you need.

You could refer to the following official article as your reference:

https://www.wikihow.com/See-Active-Network-Connections-(Windows)

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope this can help you, if you have anything unclear, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Ellen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2019년 9월 27일 금요일 오전 8:00
  • Hi,

Just checking the current situation of your problem.

Please let us know if you would like further help.

Best regards,

Ellen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2019년 9월 30일 월요일 오전 2:22
  • Hi,

You could mark the useful reply as answer if you want to end this thread up.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Best Regards,

Ellen

2019년 10월 8일 화요일 오전 1:41