none
User document control

질문

• I am having some issues trying to implement the senario below :

User1 logs on to PC1 and modifys a document, then saves it as a minor unapproved version.

User1 then logs on to PC2 but can still see the minor version.

Is there anyway of restricting a users permissions and limiting what they can see (ie cannot see minor or unapproved versions) on PC2.

Thanks for assistance or pointers as this really has me scratching my head.

2017년 2월 22일 수요일 오후 2:10

답변

모든 응답

• Hi Lain,

Where did the document store ?

If the documents were stored in document library, you can set the Draft Item Security like the capture below:

Thanks

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

2017년 2월 23일 목요일 오전 8:31
  • Hi Jerry,

Thank you for your reply. The ducuments are stored with in a Document Library and the permissions are set as in the capture.

The issue I have is if the user modifys the document on on PC then checks it back in as a minor version, then logs onto another PC they can see the minor version.

What I am trying to do is restrict the editing of documents to not just certain users but also when they are logged onto certain PC's.

The PC with editing permissions is in an office area whereas the PC that can only view Major Authorised versions is in a classroom.

Hope this helps explain my issue and I would appreciate any assistance you can provide.

Best regards,

Iain

2017년 2월 23일 목요일 오전 11:12
  • Hi Lain,

As I understand, SharePoint user permission is based on user account, not a specific PC, please check the account permission which is logging into the PC in SharePoint Central Administration->Site Permission:

Thanks

Best Regards

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

2017년 2월 24일 금요일 오전 9:29
  • Hi Jerry,

Thank you for your reply.

I had susspected as such but was hoping that it would be possibe to rerstrict user by PC.

A well, new approach I think.

Kind Regards.

Iain.

2017년 2월 27일 월요일 오전 7:28
  • Hi Lain,

As I understand, PC will use windows credential to manage a user account permission, so if you want to restrict user by PC, you will need to configure Windows Authentication for SharePoint:

Windows Authentication in SharePoint 2013

Thanks

Best Regards

2017년 2월 27일 월요일 오전 8:39
  • Jerry,Sorry for the late reply. I ended up using two different accounts.

Not ideal but the easiest for the end users.

Thank you for your help.

Iain

• 답변으로 표시됨 Iain Mac B 2018년 7월 13일 금요일 오전 10:57
    2018년 7월 13일 금요일 오전 10:47