none
Upgrade from Windows Essentials 2016 to Server 2019 Essentials Administrator Name Change RRS feed

• 질문

• After recently upgrading from Essentials 2016 to 2019, the "Essentials" parts like logging in through web access and connecting from within using Essentials seems to have gone its way.  While I accept that these are security items and for that reason, no bother (if you will).   However, given the nature of the change - seems rather sweeping - I have a simple question (again security) about changing the name of the administrator account.

If it had been done prior to the upgrade would the upgrade have recognized the Administrator account or would it have created a new one?

If I change the name from Adminstrator to "LetsSaySomethingElse", what repurcussions should I look for:

Example:

Services running under the Administrator account (Kerberos, DNS, Cryptography etc) - will these require any changes if they are still listed as logon with Network Service?

I would like to rename the Administrator account and it should be simple but Essentials has always been a bit different.

R, J

2019년 10월 12일 토요일 오후 2:13

답변

• HI
    in general, administrator account is disable in server essentials 2016.but it changed in wse 2019 ,because there is no essentials dashboard on wse2019.so if you have migrated from wse2016 to wse 2019 successfully,we can remove wse2016 from the network and try to rename administrator account which you want on wse2019.

https://www.hellpc.net/rename-admin-account-and-change-password-using-gpo/
    How To Rename Local Admin Account and Change It’s Password Using GPO | Server 2012

Please Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2019년 10월 14일 월요일 오전 3:56
    중재자

모든 응답

• https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/816109/how-to-rename-the-administrator-and-guest-account-in-windows-server-20

This looks right

R, J

2019년 10월 12일 토요일 오후 3:53
  • HI
    in general, administrator account is disable in server essentials 2016.but it changed in wse 2019 ,because there is no essentials dashboard on wse2019.so if you have migrated from wse2016 to wse 2019 successfully,we can remove wse2016 from the network and try to rename administrator account which you want on wse2019.

https://www.hellpc.net/rename-admin-account-and-change-password-using-gpo/
    How To Rename Local Admin Account and Change It’s Password Using GPO | Server 2012

Please Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2019년 10월 14일 월요일 오전 3:56
    중재자
  • HI

Is there any progress on your question?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

2019년 10월 16일 수요일 오전 9:52
    중재자
  • Essentials 2016 handled a good deal of the business.   The update to 2019 was a bit of a disappointment with the exception that it kept the AD intact along with the site certificates and Kerberos.  It is still a bit of a mystery what is going on.   I found that the Administrator account is not accessible via RDP.   I followed the information for the older change and it appears to be working.   The renamed Administrator account now only works from the immediate console and not via RDP. 

R, J

2019년 10월 16일 수요일 오후 10:38
  • HI
    Thanks for your reply .

"I followed the information for the older change and it appears to be working.   The renamed Administrator account now only works from the immediate console and not via RDP. "
    i will simulate it and check if i can reproduce this issue.

about w2019 there are some documents for your reference.
    Windows Server 2019 Essentials
    https://www.theofficemaven.com/news/windows-server-2019-essentials
    What's New in Windows Server 2019 Essentials
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server-essentials/get-started/what-s-new-19

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

2019년 10월 17일 목요일 오후 3:10
    중재자
  • HI Crakdkorn
    it work fine.
    I used local policy to change below setting on wse2019 DC.i can remote access from win10 client to wse2019 by using printer\itaccount
    internal mydomain name is :printer.local
    local computer policy\computer configuration\Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options 
    accounts : administrator account status  enable
    accounts:: rename administrator account  itaccount

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

2019년 10월 18일 금요일 오전 11:21
    중재자