none
Access 2013 - How do I get my charts to display correctly?

질문

• I have a pretty siimple, straightforward application I've developed and used over the past 20 years to handle my home finances. It includes several charts that were probably created back in Access 2003, which I used up until a couple of weeks ago when I subscribed to Office 365 Home and set up Office 2013, including Access.

Most things worked without a hitch. In fact, all my old VBA code seems to run just fine.

However, the charts don't work. The right side of chart gets cut off way short of the margin both in print preview and report view. Everything else looks fine and the data is correct.

I've fiddled and fussed and fangled with zoom, clip and stretch. I've tried to resize the chart area - it just snaps back. I've tried everything I can think of based on 20 years of fussing with Access charts - which has always been a major pain - without success.

I know, I've probably overlooked whatever is the obvious answer, so feel free to talk down to me.

Any suggestions much appreciated!

I'll try to get a screen shot in here as soon as this forum figures out that my account has already been verified.

Bob

2013년 3월 3일 일요일 오후 2:36

모든 응답

• Hi,

Is the "charts" you mentioned refer to Pivot Charts? There are no options to create Pivot Chart views or Pivot Table views in Access 2013 desktop databases or in Access 2013 Apps.

So, just try to import Access 2003 database to check the if it can display correctly.

Or, we can use Excel or Excel Power Pivot to display your data in Pivot Chart.

Jaynet Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

2013년 3월 4일 월요일 오전 3:15
    중재자
  • Just to be a little more clear: I have a report, originally constructed in Access 2003, which contains an OLE data object. That's how charts have been done in Access for at least the past ten years, if not longer. I would imagine that there are thousands of people out there who have charts created in this way. I have seen many, many reports of exactly the same problem I'm having. Until Access 2010, things worked. Now they don't. I happen to have upgraded to 2010 very briefly before upgrading again to 2013.

There is no problem with the data in the query. The query works fine. The part of the OLE object which is visible shows correct data from the query. The problem is that the whole OLE object is not visible. The right side of the OLE object is cut off. It stays that way regardless of the clip/zoom/stretch setting,

When I to adjust the size of the OLE object, I put the report into design mode and double-click on the OLE object, which brings up Microsoft Chart. I then drag the right edge of the object to the left to make it smaller. It appears that it snaps back; the ruler in the embedded Chart display makes it appear that the size of the OLE object hasn't changed.

In fact, however, it has. And if you make the OLE object small enough, the entire object becomes visible. However, by that time, you've made it so small that the chart is now fairly useless and your report looks stupid.

So far, the only work-around I have found is to very carefully, working one small step at a time, saving, closing and re-opening at each step, reduce the size of the OLE object until the whole thing shows, then, still one small step at a time, increase the size of the object until it becomes useful. It's still not good, but at least it's useful.

Fortunately I only have a half-dozen or so charts to deal with. I shudder to think of the people with corporate databases with dozens or hundreds of charts in them, none of which now work, trying to fix them all by this slow and cumbersome process.

I was about to write, "Surely there must be some solution for this." Is there? Or am I just being overconfident?

2013년 3월 8일 금요일 오전 12:45
  • I've got users screaming at me about the removal of the pivot chart function, what is even more bizarre is that in the help it still refers to it as being in Access 2013.  I know you can link to the database in Excel 2013 but it cripples Access as a development tool for in-house databases.  It's just not practical to keep linking everything back and forth between Access and Excel, needs to be in Access itself.
    2013년 5월 31일 금요일 오후 6:00
  • Poihths,

I am having a similar issue. What resolution did you find if any?

Thanks for your time,

2014년 1월 6일 월요일 오후 5:08
  • I recently had the same problem when I created some graphs in Access 2010 and upgraded to Access 2013. I was able to resolve the problem by setting the width of the chart to the width I wanted it on the report (10.25") and setting the size mode to 'stretch'. Then I double-clicked on the chart to alter the layout so everything fit within the first 8" of the report.
    • 답변으로 제안됨 Dave McGill 2 2016년 8월 12일 금요일 오후 5:24
    2016년 8월 12일 금요일 오후 5:23
  • Hi Bob,

Did you ever get a solution for this?

I have been given a month to convert all our Access 2003, 2007 and 2010 apps to the 2013 standard and where I was expecting problems (a lot of old DAO objects) has been problem free but I am completely thwarted by this wretched charting issue.

No matter what the chart type - the design looks great and then as soon as I preview, display or print there seems to be some sort of virtual elastic which takes the object within the chart and shrinks it up into the top left hand corner.

I am at the point where I am going to have to build an Excel template, export the data from Access to Excel and then shell Excel to print and Quit ... when previously I could do it all from Access.

Someone has really dropped the ball at Microsoft 

2017년 2월 25일 토요일 오후 12:33
  • I hope your suggestion wasn't to take a process that was refined over years in MS Access and migrate it to Excel. Any serious VBA developer would be outraged by this. Our jobs are at stake. Apparently Microsoft doesn't care.
    2017년 4월 21일 금요일 오후 3:31
  • Wow. No answer to this? Lousy Microsoft can't do anything right. Why would anyone suggest their children become developers?
    2017년 4월 21일 금요일 오후 3:34
  • I have a nutrution database that I downloaded from the available free microsoft databases.  The graphs work fine at work with access 2010 but will not work with my home computer with access 2016.   Tried modifying and recreating the OLE object graphs and have been having a terible time of it.  Spent all day today on it and I am ready to scrape the whole thing.  The OLE object editor is junk and doesn't well at all.   Although I would love to see a solution on this.  I know how big companies work, since I work for one and I doubt that Microsoft will fix this.   Heed my advice, don't use the OLE objects to create graphs or charts in Access 2016.  They don't work well and all you will do is cause yourself trouble.  
    • 답변으로 제안됨 mrswas 2018년 6월 16일 토요일 오전 2:31
    • 답변으로 제안 취소됨 mrswas 2018년 6월 16일 토요일 오전 2:32
    2017년 4월 23일 일요일 오전 1:57
  • Hi,

Had same problem. Issue seems to be display scaling (display settings) - reset back to 100%, restart, and ms graphs display + edit correctly.

More of a workaround than a solution, but at least that's better than nothing I guess.

Until fixed (If ever) I don't know if there is a vba or api call to determine if scaling isn't 100% - at least you could warn users.

Thought worth sharing as it has frustrated me for more than a day...

2018년 6월 16일 토요일 오전 2:39