none
How do you uninstall a few Office 365 Components (Access and Publisher) to make more storage space available on the drive

질문

• When the Microsoft store sold me my computer and a subscription to Office 365, the sales person told me I could easily uninstall Access and Publisher in order to make more space available on the solid state drive.  I see no way to do this from the control panel's "uninstall programs."  How can I do this?
    2014년 6월 6일 금요일 오후 5:19

답변

• Hi,

The steps that Keith mentioned above is for MSI version of Office.

If it's a Click-To-Run installation of Office 365, then you will have no chance to choose which components and applications you'd like to install. You will get all of Office whether you want it or not.

Thanks,

Ethan Hua CHN
    TechNet Community Support

2014년 6월 9일 월요일 오전 8:14
    중재자

모든 응답

• If you go into Uninstall Programs and select your MS Office installation in the list of installed programs, you should see alongside the Uninstall option that a Change option appears. If you select that you'll see an option for adding or removing features (as well as others) which will allow you to add/remove Office apps from your installation.
    2014년 6월 6일 금요일 오후 6:47
  • Hi,

The steps that Keith mentioned above is for MSI version of Office.

If it's a Click-To-Run installation of Office 365, then you will have no chance to choose which components and applications you'd like to install. You will get all of Office whether you want it or not.

Thanks,

Ethan Hua CHN
    TechNet Community Support

2014년 6월 9일 월요일 오전 8:14
    중재자
  • yet anoter proof that the "great minds" at microsoft are too stupid for their paygrade. WHY WOULD I WANT TO WASTE DISKSPACE ESPECIALLY ON AN SSD ON UNUSED APPS?? 

doesn't windows sship with enough crap already. The only things I accept as being part of the OS, besides configuration and task manager, is the app store. ALL THE REST IS CRAP

1. when I'm not physically disabled, WHY would i need the sticke keys and all the other shit (hit shift 5 times in the middle of a game and windows thinks BY DEFAULT that I'm physically disabled.

2. I get a load of shit apps (e.g. OneNote) that polute my HD when I have the FULL version of Office installed just as "sticky notes" and all other shitty apps THAT CAN'T BE REMOVED JUST HIDDEN LIKE MSN MESSENGER IN WINDOWS XP. do you ever learn from your mistakes???? the answer is NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

3. on every update I have to reset my numlock and other USER specific settings again because yor developer think U.S.A. = the entire planet => maybe I should call the U.S.A. "trumpland" since none of you have the brainpower to do your jobs properly

2017년 2월 27일 월요일 오후 9:31
  • I don't agree with your statement about crap programs (I keep that tittle for most of the oem I got with my new HP laptop) but suscribe point to point with the rest of your proposal.

Why should I keep programs that I will never use. And most important, what happen if those programs are incompatible with others I realy need?

Today I have installed the ClickToRun Office 365 for the first time and could not believe it is imposible to select what you want and what you don't.

Due the not so clever changes that Office team made with Access long time ago I am forced to use Access 2003 and now with Office 2016 instaled every time I try to launch my mdb database I have to wait an instalation rutine. Thats completly unaceptable....

2017년 6월 2일 금요일 오후 3:58
  • Well geniuses at MS,  heres a reason you might want only one or two apps.  We bought a VIVOstick PC with Win10 Pro to have on a TV, We only wanted powerpoint as the Vivo is on a TV for presentations in a meeting room.  After MS installed all the bloat of Office 2016 there is only 3GB left on the SSD of the PC and MS updates is now whining it needs 8Gb for Windows updates - thats right 8Gb.  So MS software renders a useful device completely useless.  Should have bought the Chrome version.

2018년 1월 25일 목요일 오전 9:51
  • I appreciate your answer!

However I too would like to uninstall a couple unused apps to free up some space.  I don't want to buy a larger drive and move everything over!  I just want to free up some extra MB by uninstalling Access, Powerpoint and Publisher.

And how about Xbox?  There's a lot of stuff I don't use and don't want continually popping up.

Sorry I'm irritated, I'm trying to update to 1803 and don't have enough internal disk space so I have to use external storage and <sigh> pita.

Well at least this is one way of letting me know my disk was full.  I should have checked but...

2018년 5월 13일 일요일 오후 5:44
  • Find the shortcut to the component of office you wish to get rid of, right click and select properties and then select open file location. In the start menu, slecting more, then open file location will take you to another shortcut where you will need to do the same.

Then click on the selected component (its in root/office16) and delete. There may be other bits that are to do with it laying around but the main storage hog is the app itself.

Viola.

• 편집됨 clintjk 2018년 6월 20일 수요일 오후 2:05
    2018년 6월 20일 수요일 오후 1:47
  • In response to clintjk

Unfortunately, this is not a permanent fix.  Office re-installs the app after a system reboot.  At least it has for me on every system so far.  I did find a fix that I am testing.  Here's hoping.  It involves a little bit of coding, but apparently lets you choose what to install.

• 편집됨 Corbett3 2018년 10월 1일 월요일 오후 12:54
    2018년 10월 1일 월요일 오후 12:53