none
Server 2008 R2 Standard to Server 2019 Essentials RRS feed

• 질문

• I've got a client with an old Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard server that's a DC, running DHCP and DNS, as well as file services, IIS (only used for FTP for one old network scanner), and also runs the Quickbooks Database manager.  They have 12 users
    They're looking to get a new server, and I'm trying to figure out if Windows Server 2019 Essentials is viable for them.
    Their use case certainly fits the Essentials package, but what I'm not sure about is migrating the domain from 2008R2STD to 2019 Essentials.  I found a forum thread regarding 2008R2STD to 2016 essentials, but it was less than clear.
    I know essentials has quirks, and requires a domain, but I don't know that any of that will actually cause issues.

Basically, I just need to know if this is possible, or if Essentials will do something like force me to create a new domain.
    2019년 12월 16일 월요일 오후 6:53

모든 응답

• HI
    "Basically, I just need to know if this is possible, or if Essentials will do something like force me to create a new domain."
    1.server essentials w2019 must be the domain controller at the root of the forest and domain, and must hold all the FSMO roles.it can be used in single domain environment and there is no one way or two way trust relationship.
    2“an old Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard server that's a DC
    if your old windows server 2008 r2 has been holded fsmo , you can migrate to wse2019 .
    wse2019 support DNS,DHCP,IIS,file server.
    (1)Migrate DHCP to your hardware route
    (2)add wse2019 to the exist AD domain 
    (3)copy file server and iis from standard 2008 to wse2019
    (4)migrate fsmo from 2008r2 to wse2019
    (5)check the AD replication and other information
    (6)
    demote server 2008r2 and remove it from domain.

Migrate from Previous Versions to Windows Server Essentials or Windows Server Essentials Experience
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server-essentials/migrate/migrate-from-previous-versions-to-windows-server-essentials-or-windows-server-essentials-experience
    Install and Configure Windows Server Essentials or Windows Server Essentials Experience
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server-essentials/install/install-and-configure-windows-server-essentials-or-windows-server-essentials-experience

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2019년 12월 17일 화요일 오전 9:56
    중재자
  • HI
    Is there any progress on your question?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2019년 12월 20일 금요일 오후 2:41
    중재자
  • Migrating WS2008R2 Standard to WSE2019 is no different compared to migrating to WS2019 Standard. IN 2019 Essentials is basically a limitation to the number of users (25) and devices (50). Windows Server 2019 does no longer include the Essentials Experience role.

Windows Server Essentials 2019 does not force you to create a new domain but it must be a Domain Controller and in the end (after migration) it must be the PDC and the owner of the FSMO roles.

Windows Server 2016 Essentials is different because it contains the Essentials Experience role and Dashboard. The migration path is a bit different for this SKU.

Mariëtte Knap [alumna Microsoft SBS MVP]
    www.server-essentials.com | Linkedin | Migrations done the easy way | DNN MVP 2019

2019년 12월 20일 금요일 오후 3:40
  • HI
    Is there any progress on your question?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

2019년 12월 25일 수요일 오전 8:19
    중재자
  • HI

Is there any progress on your question? If there is any reply that helps you, could please you help me mark it as an answer so that other community members could find the helpful reply quickly ? Your contribution is highly appreciated.

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

2019년 12월 31일 화요일 오전 10:05
    중재자