none
Sharepoint document set mixte with list in the same view it's possible to apply a view filter in link with the document set date column ? RRS feed

• 질문

• Hi, 

I work on a sharepoint site collection for a director group. 

This group have meetting and I check to easly built a section for the order of day. 

I have the idea to use document set content type and one list. 

I have make the modification of the document set page to add my list like a webpart. 

So now when I add a new document set and click on it, I have the document set default page view who include the list I have add on the document set page previously. 

In de document set I have a date column who are the date of the meeting. 

I have the same column in my list, because I dont want to add one new list at each new meeting.

So each line of the list is one point of the order of day. Like the date of the meeting is write on each line I could make a filter by date to view all point of a particular day of order in the list page.

So now That's works each time I build a new document set I view the information add in the list. But this is always the same information. 

If my filter is on the column date with a precise date like 10/16/2019 in the rules, each time I will create a new document set with a new date of meeting like 10/31/2019, the liste present me only the line who include the 10/16/2019 date. 

The best will be than when I generate a new document set with a new date in the document set column, the list filter  read this information in the document set column and present only the lines in the list who includes this date. 

So the result will be an empty list when I create a new document set, and a list with content at the rigth date when I add somes information in the list. 

I have search a lot about this, but I dont find a solution for the moment. 

I have find somes site who talk about CSR API who can been use to modify page view with javascript.

But I dont find example about CSR API where I could connect to the document set column to put the date value in a variable and scan the content of the list to select only the line with the good date or to copy the date value in the filter of the list. 

Here is a example of the actual result when I create a new document set. 

Any idea is welcome !

2019년 10월 16일 수요일 오후 8:00

모든 응답

• Hi Marc-Etienne,

No OOB method can fulfill your needs.

Your needs can't be realized directly.

As a workaround, you can use content query web part and use PageFieldValue to filter by the value present on the page.

1.Using the CQWP.

2.Query -  Show site from following list

3.Addition Filters -  Filter by date of meeting(This is my column)

4.If date of meeting is equal to [PageFieldValue:meetingdate]

If there is no same column value in the list, nothing will be displayed in the CQWP.

Then you can go to the list below to add items for this meeting.

If there is the same column value in the list, its information is displayed in the CQWP.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

2019년 10월 17일 목요일 오전 9:24
  • Hi Itch,

thank you for the suggestion.

I have try CQWP this morning, that's works but the result go in the CQWP and I dont view all information in this webpart. Only a link to the record.

If I click the link I view all my information.

But I search to update the view of my list directly.

So I have continu my research last night and today.

I found a parts of solution to make what I want.

For that I need to create a new list with one dropbox where I have put somes dates value.

I'm return in my document set page in edition and add this new list like a webparts.

Like we see in the next picture, I have now 2 new section when I create a new document set with my content type. I found on the internet than I could connect webpart to  webpart with a filter properties.

The blackbox are the new icone after the link setup.

So now if I edit manually the element in the first webpart and change the date in the dropbox.

The link push the new date to the Date column of the second webparts.

The result is a filter of the date to present only the line in link with the selected date in the dropbox.

It's exactly what I want , but in manual mode. And if you check the Date properties of the document set in the up right corner of the picture, the date is not the same.

Now I would like find a solution to pass the manual mode to automatic mode.

The solution could be to find a script or workflow config where I could take the date properties value in the top page of the document set to copie this value in the dropbox of my second list.

I have try to build a workflow who start at the creation of a new document set.

I  catch the date value in the properties and put this value in a variable.

For testing I have add a log section where I write the content of the variable to it.I have the rigth information.

I find in the log 19/10/2019, but when I try to add this value in the dropdown list I dont find any option in SharePoint designer 2013.

I add a new item in the list, but the date is not good, I think this is because the date copy in the properties does not exist in the dropdown list.

If I could be find how add new value in the drop down list and check if this value already exist with a script who load when the document set start to open.

My job on this section will be complete.

I have make a big progress, but if you have other suggestion or information about somes scripts or workflow hints let me know !

Thank you

2019년 10월 17일 목요일 오후 9:53
  • Hi Marc-Etienne,

You can try to change the view of CQWP to a list view.

You can refer to the article below:

https://msftplayground.com/2011/01/sharepoint-content-query-web-part-like-a-sharepoint-list-view/

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• 답변으로 제안됨 Michael Han6 2019년 10월 21일 월요일 오전 9:15
    2019년 10월 18일 금요일 오전 8:58
  • Hi,

I am checking your situation here.

Any progress on your troubleshooting?

If you think the replies are helpful to you, please remember to mark them as answers. It will help others who meet the similar question in this forum.

Best Regards

Itch Sun

2019년 10월 23일 수요일 오전 8:14
  • Hi,

Any progress on your troubleshooting?

Best Regards

Itch Sun

2019년 10월 28일 월요일 오전 9:36
  • Hi,

sorry for the delay  I have work to try somes configurations to resolve my issue during the last few weeks.

I finish by find a part of the solution, but it's not a complete solution.

I have edit the document set welcome page and add 2 list on it.

One list with one column date and time format.

In this column I put the date of the meeting.

The second list is my meeting points.

I use the webparts connection option to make a date filter between the 2 lists.

So when I modify the date in the first webparts, all line with this date in the second wepparts come on the screen.

With a workflow at the creation or at the modification of the document set, I could catch the document set properties and save the meeting date in variable.

I use the variable to update the first list date record. 

That's resolve a part of the issue, but not all the issue.

Exemple:

When I modify the date in the first webparts of the document set welcome page already open, the second weppart who are link do not refresh directly. I need to hit F5 to refresh the page of the document set to view the modification.

I have try to things to resolve this problem.

1. Activate the asynchrone ajax function for the auto update of the second webparts.

I view the page blink like if the refresh will comes, but no change in the page.

2. I have add a content editor webpart in the welcome page of the document set, in the html editor, I have put this code to force the refresh of the webpage each 15 seconds.

<scripttype="text/javaScript">

function refreshPage() {

window.location = window.Location;

}

setTimeout(refreshPage, 15000);

</script>

The refresh start, but SharePoint doesn't find the page after the refresh.

If I create a new document set, the workflow start and modify the date in the first list.

Like it's a new document set, the page is automaticly refresh so the 2 list is empty if the date is not present or present the information if the date is find in the 2 list.

My other trouble is than my workflow run if I create or modify a document set, but I dont find how I can force the workflow to run when I open a existing document set.

Like the workflow doesn't work when I just open a document set, the last date push in the first list if not updated and the wrong information is present in the second list.

Here is a screen shot of the document set welcome page. Yes this is in french.... :O)

Any suggestion is welcome !

2019년 11월 15일 금요일 오후 9:44