none
Disabling TLS 1.0 breaks Office 365 Integration RRS feed

• 질문

• So I now have some clients that need TLS 1.0 disabled for PCI compliance but I have confirmed that with TLS 1.0 disabled Office 365 integration breaks, none of the information on the Office 365 tab is filled out and you cannot re-integrate or get the link/information back unless you re-enable TLS 1.0. I have been chasing this issue down for weeks, I'm hoping somebody here has a useful suggestion or had a contact at MS to nudge. Surely this should be fixed in supported versions of Server especially as Office 365 is dropping support for anything lower the TLS 1.2 later this year.

I have replicated this on 2012 R2 Standard running essentials and a WSE 2016 VM that I stood up for testing.

Any and all assistance greatly appreciated.

Peter Whitehouse - Scanstation.co.uk

2018년 6월 20일 수요일 오후 8:37

모든 응답

• You cannot disable TLS 1.0 on an Essentials server as doing so breaks all kinds of things in the OS (such as client backups, the installation of add-ins with client-side components, etc., etc.). More info can be found here:

https://windowsserveressentials.com/?s=TLS+1.0

2018년 6월 21일 목요일 오전 1:06
  • Hi,

>Surely this should be fixed in supported versions of Server especially as Office 365 is dropping support for anything lower the TLS 1.2 later this year.
    Using TLS 1.2 with Office 365 does not mean you must have TLS 1.0/1.1 disabled in your environments. If parts of your environment require the use of TLS 1.0 and 1.1, you can leave the older protocol versions enabled. However, TLS 1.2 will have to be enabled and used for communication with Office 365 to avoid any interruption in service.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2018년 6월 21일 목요일 오전 1:59
    중재자
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2018년 6월 22일 금요일 오전 10:05
    중재자
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Please click “Mark as answer” if any of above reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

2018년 6월 26일 화요일 오전 1:40
    중재자
  • Hi Eve,

We are required to disable TLS 1.0 & 1.1, when this is done several parts of the essentials experience don't work most notably the Office 365 integration.

So no the issue is NOT fixed.

Peter Whitehouse - Scanstation.co.uk

2018년 9월 26일 수요일 오후 10:28
  • Hi Peter,

This thread is over a year old - did you find a way to disable TLS 1.0 and still keep your Office365 integration?

You cannot disable TLS 1.0 on an Essentials server as doing so breaks all kinds of things in the OS (such as client backups, the installation of add-ins with client-side components, etc., etc.).

I raised a similar issue last year because disabling TLS 1.0 on Server 2012 R2 Essentials blocks the Health Report SMTP service - https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b5e7c521-4554-410a-b1da-512d7e2aeccc/health-report-cannot-send-email-if-tls-10-is-disabled?forum=winserveressentials

Has Microsoft provided an answer to this issue so their Server operating systems can be compliant with current security requirements?  I don't see one here.  

Steve Driscoll

2019년 10월 13일 일요일 오전 12:23
  • This will never be solved in WSE2012 or WSE2016 by Microsoft because the Essentials Experience role is no longer available in 2019.

If you need Azure integration upgrade or migrate to Windows Server 2019 Essentials and use What is Azure AD Connect and Connect Health. | Microsoft Docs

Mariëtte Knap [alumna Microsoft SBS MVP]
    www.server-essentials.com | Linkedin | Migrations done the easy way | DNN MVP 2019

2019년 10월 13일 일요일 오전 9:39