none
Office 2013 OCT [more] detailed reference guide

질문

• Hello everyone,

Some of the descriptions in OCT are quite vague I need more info about what they really do.

For example, the description for the settings at Features > Modify user settings > Microsoft Office 2013 (Machine) > Security Settings > IE Security are the same as the setting name.

The Help menu only has the “About” option, so I’ve searched and looked all over the internet for several days but I can’t find any detailed reference guide for OCT settings or even anything specific for Office 2013. The references I’ve found only describe the overall structure of OCT.

I’ve downloaded the OCT templates, hoping that the accompanying Excel file would have more info, but the descriptions are the same that exist in OCT.

Can anyone point me a site with more detailed info on each OCT setting?

2018년 6월 7일 목요일 오전 10:15

답변

• Hi Jorge,

I'm afraid there is no documentation that explains all options/settings in OCT.

The options under Features > Modify user settings are actually corresponding to GPO settings. The difference is that settings you configured via OCT can be modified by end users after deploying, while settings forced by GPO cannot be changed by end users then.

Moreover, although it may appear that the IE Security settings are related to Office, in fact these are not Office settings at all, they are really IE settings. You may find the corresponding GPO settings under the Windows Components\Internet Explorer\Security Features node.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

2018년 6월 12일 화요일 오전 6:30
    중재자

모든 응답

• Hi Jorge,

I'm afraid there is no documentation that explains all options/settings in OCT.

The options under Features > Modify user settings are actually corresponding to GPO settings. The difference is that settings you configured via OCT can be modified by end users after deploying, while settings forced by GPO cannot be changed by end users then.

Moreover, although it may appear that the IE Security settings are related to Office, in fact these are not Office settings at all, they are really IE settings. You may find the corresponding GPO settings under the Windows Components\Internet Explorer\Security Features node.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

2018년 6월 12일 화요일 오전 6:30
    중재자
  • Dear Jorge,

Just wanted to say hi and check if there is anything that I can do for you on this problem. If so, please do not hesitate to let me know and I will be happy to help.

Best Regards,
    Steve Fan 

2018년 6월 19일 화요일 오전 9:16
    중재자