none
Robocopy Error 123

    질문

  • My Robocopy utility has been working fine for months and now it has stopped function. I am copying source W2K3 server to W2K8 server many times and it works, now it doesn't:

     

    ERROR 123 (0x0000007B) scanning source directory y:\ebmsdocs\

    THe filename, directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect.

    Both servers are running fine and I can logon and RPC into them.

    Any Ideas?

    Kyle

    2011년 12월 16일 금요일 오후 2:01

답변

  • Hi Kyle,

    This error could be caused by incorrect file path so please check if there is any path changed in the script.

    Meanwhile the "y:" seems like a mapped drive so have a try to use the network path in the script instead to see if it will work.


    TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    2011년 12월 21일 수요일 오전 7:37
    중재자

모든 응답

  • Hi Kyle,

    This error could be caused by incorrect file path so please check if there is any path changed in the script.

    Meanwhile the "y:" seems like a mapped drive so have a try to use the network path in the script instead to see if it will work.


    TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    2011년 12월 21일 수요일 오전 7:37
    중재자
  • Okay, Shaon.

    I used the network path and default share of the drive the folder was on and it is now working. Don't know why that happened, because it had been working previously.

    2011년 12월 22일 목요일 오후 1:11
  • I had this exact same issue and found it was because my target was a DFS path.  Here is an example command that produced the error 123;

    robocopy \\fileserver1\home\user1 \\domain.local\dfsroot\user1 /mir

    the path \\domain.local\home\user1 was a DFS path that actually pointed to \\fileserver2\home\user1

    if I simply changed the destination path directly to the real server name  bypassing DFS it worked fine with no errors like this

    robocopy \\fileserver1\home\user1  \\fileserver2\home\user1 /mir

    I have been using robocopy fo years and never seen this until now.  I even tried the NETBIOS name of the DFS path \\domain\dfsroot\user1 but that didnt' work.  In the end I had to simply target the real server.  argh.

    the interesting part it didn't happen on all files, only files with spaces in them and long names. 



    • 편집됨 scubatbr12345 2013년 5월 3일 금요일 오전 1:14
    2013년 5월 3일 금요일 오전 1:13
  • I know this is and older thread but I just had an issue with this on a new 2012r2 server install. When I was copying from the old server to the new I was getting this error. After thinking on the previous steps I had done I remembered changing the registry key for short files names as part of the cleanup suggested in the Best Practice Analyzer. The key it told me to modify was this one.

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem\NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation

    It was defaulted to 2 and I had changed it to 1 as per the BPA. I went back and changed it back to 2 and reran the robocopy script without errors.

    Just wanted to let people know what worked for me:

    2014년 4월 25일 금요일 오후 10:13
  • I know this is and older thread but I just had an issue with this on a new 2012r2 server install. When I was copying from the old server to the new I was getting this error. After thinking on the previous steps I had done I remembered changing the registry key for short files names as part of the cleanup suggested in the Best Practice Analyzer. The key it told me to modify was this one.

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem\NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation

    It was defaulted to 2 and I had changed it to 1 as per the BPA. I went back and changed it back to 2 and reran the robocopy script without errors.

    Just wanted to let people know what worked for me:

    For more people like you. Thank you :)
    2018년 6월 14일 목요일 오후 2:08