none
Office apps Shortcuts missing after update by sccm

질문

• Hi,

I recently upgraded 1k of clients to an other build of O365 Office application.
    Everything worked fine by SCCM and the O365 update process.

But for unknown reasons, a lot of clients loose their office app's shortcuts on desktop for example..

Do you have any idea ?

The upgrade process didn't uninstall the apps before upgrade it..

Regards

2018년 6월 5일 화요일 오후 2:35

모든 응답

• Hi Frédéric,

Do you mean the shortcut icons for Office products are not added to the Windows taskbar? If that is the case, it is the expected behavior. 

If you install Office using a system account, which is common when deploying with System Center Configuration Managers, the icons will not be pinned even if the PinIconsToTaskBar property is set to True in Configuration.xml file.

The client users can add the Office shortcuts manually on Windows.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

2018년 6월 6일 수요일 오전 6:38
    중재자
  • It's not an install process, but the upgrade process.

Using the "o365 plan".

2018년 6월 6일 수요일 오전 7:26
  • It's not an install process, but the upgrade process.

Using the "o365 plan".

Are you using the system account for update process with SCCM? 

For the problematic ones, try to add the shortcuts manually or maybe client users can repair Office application as local administrator and check if the Office icons can be added to taskbar.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

2018년 6월 7일 목요일 오전 9:54
    중재자
  • By default, and like OS update process with Software Center, SCCM is using system account to make changes on the computer.

So for Office 365 updated with Software center, it uses system account.Not user account.

Your solution is not the answer I expected, re create shortcuts or worst, launch an quick repair !
    I'm updating 5500 clients, using SCCM & Software Center is an argument for users to let the system make the changes without loosing time, So if I'm starting to explain us they have to do an quick repair (and they are not local admin).....I'll loosing my job ! :)

Is the Office 365 "servicing plan" for sccm is too young ?

2018년 6월 7일 목요일 오후 12:49