none
2 step approval - can the initiator of the workflow be changed? RRS feed

• 질문

• Hi,

I have a workflow where the process is someone uploads data into a list and a workflow starts .

The requirement is that once uploaded, a task for a groups is assigned to do the approval. There is ability to make changes back  and forth (change request) and once the approval group approves, the first step is completed

The second step is still an approval on the item but the two parties involved now need to be the first set of approvers (group) and a second set of approvers. the change requests need to be between the approvers groups and not the submitter.

The existing workflow keeps sending the second step change request to the original 

is this possible - I remember doing something similar but not in 2010.

Any suggestions?

ldp

2019년 10월 16일 수요일 오후 1:58

모든 응답

• Hi Idp,

According to your description, I consider that when you change request in an approval task, you want to send the changed request to other approvers rather than the submitter of approval task. If it is not right, please point it out. In order to help you solve the problem better, please provide the screenshot of your workflow.

I suggest you use OOB approval workflow. After you click the request change button, you should fill in the “request change from” space with the approvers you want. Note that if this field is left blank, the change request will be sent to the person who started the workflow.

Reference about OOB approval workflow: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/all-about-approval-workflows-078c5a89-821f-44a9-9530-40bb34f9f742#requestitemchange

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

2019년 10월 17일 목요일 오전 9:16
  • Hi,

How are things going? Is there any update on your issue?

Please remeber to mark the reply as an answer if it helps you.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

2019년 10월 29일 화요일 오전 9:44