none
Server 2008 R2 Std Migration to Server 2019 Std RRS feed

• 질문

• Dear all

Just wanted to know is it advisable to do server migration from Server 2008 R2 std to Server 2019 Standard. <g class="gr_ gr_210 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="210" id="210">Currently</g> the server 2008 R2 is our domain controller. Please provide me details. 

Thanks

2019년 2월 4일 월요일 오후 4:23

모든 응답

• First I'd check that domain functional level meets requirement 2008 R2 or higher.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/identity/ad-ds/active-directory-functional-levels

Then the cleanest safer method is to use dcdiag / repadmin tools to verify health correcting all errors found before starting. Then I'd stand up the new Server 2019, patch it fully, license it, join existing domain, add active directory domain services, promote it also making it a GC (recommended), transfer FSMO roles over (optional), transfer pdc emulator role (optional), use dcdiag / repadmin tools to verify health, when all is good you can decommission / demote old one.

(please don't forget to mark helpful replies as answer)

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

2019년 2월 4일 월요일 오후 5:14
  • Do you mean an in-place upgrade? If yes, it is possible but not recommended especially if you have third party tools installed. In all cases, consider taking system state backups as well as testing the recovery before proceeding.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Ahmed MALEK

My Website Link

My Linkedin Profile

My MVP Profile

2019년 2월 4일 월요일 오후 7:30
  • Hi,

Also for your reference:

Migrate server 2008 r2 to 2019

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/2183848-migrate-server-2008-r2-to-2019

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best regards,

Lavilian

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• 답변으로 제안됨 Lavilian Li 2019년 2월 11일 월요일 오전 3:41
    2019년 2월 6일 수요일 오전 8:35
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Lavilian

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2019년 2월 8일 금요일 오전 3:06
  • Hi,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Lavilian

2019년 2월 11일 월요일 오전 3:41
  • I just did today migrate from W2008R2 to 2019. No problem at all . Make sure your domain function level is at least 2008R2. One thing after migrate is , there are no 2019 function level. Only 2016 function level . But its ok. Because its end at that version.
    2019년 2월 11일 월요일 오전 4:58
  • Yesterday we have migrated active directory to 2019 from 2008 R2 but we couldn't able to change the functional level it still remains 2008 R2.Please suggest on it. Thanks in advance.

2019년 7월 29일 월요일 오후 1:52
  • Yesterday we have migrated active directory to 2019 from 2008 R2 but we couldn't able to change the functional level it still remains 2008 R2.Please suggest on it. Thanks in advance.

I'd start a new thread detailing your issues.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

2019년 7월 29일 월요일 오후 1:56