none
Skip Router Setup not Available RRS feed

• 질문

• Hello all,

I'm having trouble getting Anywhere Access set up properly on WSE 2016.  I know you are supposed to be able to ignore the warnings at the end of the wizard related to router setup if you know you have the ports forwarded properly.  Still, the setup is not creating the RWW or VPN properly.  I don't think it is necessarily related to these port errors, but I would like to fully rule that out.  From many other sources on Microsoft, everyone says to check the Skip Router Setup on the wizard.  I've seen them include screen shots to where it shows the options to skip the router and domain setup.  For me, I only get the Skip domain option.  Is there a config file I can edit to get this back, or perhaps somewhere in the registry?

Update: I have finally got VPN working, but Direct Access is not and RWW says Remote Web Access is turned off. 

Update:  RWW is actually working, but it takes you to the page that says it is turned off.  If i go to my remote site and add /remote on the end, I get the usual logon page and it works fine.  I think because the Wizard does not finish properly, it misses a couple cleanup steps.  Direct Access seems to be working now, but it still says it is not because of Services not running (rasman).  That mess is in another post.  Please let green mean good and red really mean bad, not sometimes okay.

Many Thanks, JP

• 편집됨 jp540 2019년 10월 2일 수요일 오후 8:42
    2019년 10월 2일 수요일 오후 8:12

모든 응답

• Hi,

I had a test on my WSE 2016 VM, the configuration wizard is different from previous version and do not have option about Skip Router Setup.

As far as I know, during Anywhere Access Wizard step, Windows Server Essentials attempts to automatically configure your router by using UPnP commands. In order to avoid the wizard to automatically configure the router, please disable the UPnP setting on your router. And, manually configure router for Anywhere Access.

Windows Server 2012 Essentials: Router Setup:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/14153.windows-server-2012-essentials-router-setup.aspx

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2019년 10월 3일 목요일 오전 6:43
    중재자
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang 

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2019년 10월 7일 월요일 오전 1:29
    중재자
  • Hi Eve, sorry for the delay.  I did not see the alert.  It's most annoying.  I do have the router set up correctly and have for many years. The wizard completes with error mentioned previously.   When I look at the status in Remote Access Management, there are errors.  VPN and Services are both red.  It took a lot of different steps to finally get VPN green but services remains red.  The Wizard does something to rasman and it can no longer start.  If you have Anywhere access completely off, you can start Rasman.  I am assuming this is all by design.  If it is, it should not show up as an error.  I tested with a laptop connected via wireless to a different guest subnet and found that VPN and Direct Access were working fine.  Took the laptop home to confirm it worked. 

I installed the latest update KB4524152 over the weekend, and they both broke.  Ran the wizard again, then set a group of IP addresses for the VPN in Remote Access Management.  VPN was still red, but a bit later someone happened to call to ask it it was working, I told them how to try and it connected.  VPN is now green.  It was probably just a delay in changing from red to green.  

So, thank you for checking on me.  I have things working for now.  I would like to have the option available in the Wizard to skip the router setup again, and I would prefer that the services icon doesn't appear as red in Remote Access management which then makes Direct Access appear red too, even though it really works.  If things can be safely ignored, they should not show up as errors or be flagged red.  Would you lie a warning message saying that your credit card has fraudulent charges every time you use it,  even thought the transaction is approved?  It is very distracting and wastes a lot of time troubleshooting problems. 

Thank you so much for your reply

Many Thanks, JP

2019년 10월 7일 월요일 오후 7:04
  • Hi,

I am quite understanding about the inconvenience it had brought to you. I will post your feedback to product team.

Thank you very much for detail description and suggestion, they are always welcome as they are helpful for improving the product and service.

If there is any other question/concerns, please feel free to post on the forum. 

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

2019년 10월 8일 화요일 오전 7:16
    중재자
  • Thanks so much Eve.

I know the engineers are on to newer versions of the product, but they should remember that we use older versions for quite some time as in-place upgrades are not recommended and were not previously supported.  I do however love the products and love the help we get on the forums.  Thank you so much!!!!

Many Thanks, JP

2019년 10월 11일 금요일 오전 11:38
  • Hi,

Thank you for your supporting for Microsoft products. 

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

2019년 10월 14일 월요일 오전 7:22
    중재자