none
Office 365 (O365 Business Premium) - icons not working after uninstall Office 2016 Professional ProPlus x64 and install O365 x32

질문

• Hi,

we face this issue on 02 laptops using W10 Home SL x64; they had 'Office 2016 Professional ProPlus' x64, after uninstall it, restart and install a new Office suite from O365 Business Premium account.

If you press windows key and type 'excel' it shows an icon (blank) and when you click shows a msg saying that the path is not available and ask to remove.

If you press windows key and scroll down until see 'Excel' icon, works, but if you scroll down a little bit more to 'Outlook' face the same issue saying that is not available.

>>> Is there a way to fix it instead to manually create a new shortcut to right path???

* to me it's clear that Office ProPlus uninstaller app cannot correct eliminate shortcuts or maybe 'Windows Search' entries for that.

• 편집됨 9073241516 2018년 6월 21일 목요일 오후 12:59 upudate info
    2018년 6월 21일 목요일 오후 12:56

모든 응답

• I used this tool and restart after. Right now I´m installing again.

I´ll post news here in few minutes.

---

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/office-shortcuts-remain-after-office-uninstall-cc04b8e2-6e91-4c10-94af-9359e595d565

2018년 6월 21일 목요일 오후 1:50
  • After use that tool, worked but with one "alert":

- when you press windows key and type any name of products, the icon shown is 'blank'.

>>> There is a way to fix the icon image??

* this is a 'bug' for Windows Search engine???
    • 편집됨 9073241516 2018년 6월 21일 목요일 오후 2:14 update info
    2018년 6월 21일 목요일 오후 2:03
  • Hi,

We may first try running a Quick Repair of your Office installation to see whether it helps. To do this, go to Control Panel, Programs and Features, find your Office installation and right click it, select Change. Select Quick Repair bullet and click Repair.

If a Quick Repair doesn't work, you may also try to clear the icon cache to see whether it helps. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Open File Explorer and navigate to the following path:

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local

2. Find and delete the iconCache.db file (which is a hidden file)

3. Restart your computer and see the result.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

2018년 6월 22일 금요일 오전 6:40
    중재자
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information were helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Steve Fan 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

2018년 6월 25일 월요일 오전 9:37
    중재자