none
Workflow Manager 1.0 - Workflow instance exceeded the quota of 1000 activities RRS feed

• 질문

• Hi All,

I'm getting this issue which terminates the workflow when I run one of our workflows under a particular scenario:

Details: System.Activities.Statements.WorkflowTerminatedException: The workflow instance exceeded the quota of 1000 activities executing at the same time.

The scenario causing the issue is intended to send tasks to over 50 users but it terminates at about 40.  It is submitting these composite tasks in a parallel ForEach loop.  The error doesn't seem to match the actual problem as there are not 1000 activities running but it looks like some threshold has been breached.  

Before making any changes, the workflow was dying at around 20 composite tasks but it improved to around 30 when I put a delay in the loop between sending the tasks out.  Delaying the tasks further did not improve the 30 figure.  I then tried changing the config settings on the Workflow manager and upped the limits for most of the settings (one by one):

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj680843(v=azure.10).aspx

This brought the number tasks submitted to around 40.  Again, increasing these further did not change this number.

I have tried some other things out:

• If I submit the composite tasks with WaitForTaskCompletion to false it will submit all the tasks.  This is not much good as I need to perform actions when each tasks is complete and then more actions when all tasks are complete - kind of the point of having a workflow!
    • I have tried decreasing the complexity of the workflow before the tasks are sent out but this seems to have no effect (by sending out same message to all recipients).

This is the only article I could find with the error:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-nz/help/2938007/workflow-instance-exceeded-the-quota-of-1000-activities-executing-at

But none of these solutions are workable.

The environment is W2012R2, SP2013 using VS workflows.

Hope someone can help or give me any other ideas to try!

2017년 7월 12일 수요일 오전 4:02

모든 응답