none
What tools can i use to profile a sharepoint farm to tell me which sites are customised and how? RRS feed

• 질문

• Hi,

What tools can i run against a SharePoint farm that will look at every site and produce a report detailing the level of customisation?

Reason for doing this: pre-upgrade check.

I'd like something that listed every site by web app and had some fairly detailed info on if it was customised in IE only, IE & SharePoint designer, Visual studio etc etc etc

I know this could be a manual multi-step process, checking the features in Central admin etc etc etc but is there a profiling tool?

It's a bit like a SharePoint health check but I'm really interested in the level of customisation...

Multiple tools could be used perhaps - one for identifying custom features deployed and one to determine if a site has had a data-view web part added to it...

There are thousands of sites so naturally manually checking each one is going to be very time consuming.

Thanks!

2019년 10월 16일 수요일 오후 12:12

답변

• I don't think you can get that via any tool to check what sort of customization you have. but you can use sharegate tool for pre migration check that will let you know what can be migrated and what not and also it provides the solutions for the errors you receive on migration check.

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

2019년 10월 16일 수요일 오후 1:47

모든 응답

• I don't think you can get that via any tool to check what sort of customization you have. but you can use sharegate tool for pre migration check that will let you know what can be migrated and what not and also it provides the solutions for the errors you receive on migration check.

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

2019년 10월 16일 수요일 오후 1:47
  • Hi xyz2012,

According to my research, there are no tools to fulfill your needs.

As Sharath says, you can try the tools he recommends.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

2019년 10월 17일 목요일 오전 6:49
  • Hi,

I am checking your situation here.

Any progress on your troubleshooting?

If you think the replies are helpful to you, please remember to mark them as answers. It will help others who meet the similar question in this forum.

Best Regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

2019년 10월 21일 월요일 오전 9:12
  • Test-SPContentDatabase should be run for each content DB before mount to see what it came up with... it should tell you what is missing on the farm before you attach the DB so any custom solutions can be installed before.

wc

2019년 10월 21일 월요일 오후 7:39
  • thank you all for the answers!
    2019년 10월 22일 화요일 오후 5:00
  • Hi xyz2012,

I’m pleased to know your issue is solved, thanks for  Sharath's help.

Here I will provide a brief summary of this post for your information.

Expectation:

Find a tool run against a SharePoint farm that will look at every site and produce a report detailing the level of customization.

Referred to Sharath 's reply, solution is:

We cannot get that via any tool to check what sort of customization.

As a workaround, use another tool for pre migration check that will let user know what can be migrated and what not.

Best regards

Itch Sun

2019년 10월 23일 수요일 오전 8:06