none
Skype/lync Meeting - Missing PIN for External Dial RRS feed

• Question

• We have a single user who is unable to send meeting requests outside the business as the system has stopped creating a conference pin for him. We have Lync server 2013 and are in the process of migrating users to skype 2015 or 2016. The item in bold is what the user is receiving when he opens his calendar in outlook and clicks on "new skype meeting" 

From what I have tried to find about this, no one else is experiencing this issue or has experienced this issue or if they have they never reported it. 

Tried resetting this users pin, that didn’t work. 

removed his Lync cache and tried again but that didn't work,

Tried to recreate his outlook profile but he preferred to upgrade to office 2016 first to see if this works.  

Join Skype Meeting Trouble Joining?

Try Skype Web App

Join by Phone NUMBER (Ireland and UK) English (United Kingdom)

Find a local number DOMAIN

Conference ID: __CAAAccessCode____ConfIDHelpTextBegin__ (same as access code above)__ConfIDHelpTextEnd_

Forgot your dial-in PIN? 

Lync 2013

Tuesday, July 4, 2017 9:34 AM

Answers

• The user upgraded to Office 2016 and happily reported this issue disappeared. No idea what happened to cause this but its resolved now. 
    • Marked as answer by mpDBX Tuesday, July 11, 2017 12:22 PM
    Tuesday, July 11, 2017 12:22 PM

All replies

• Hi mpDBX,

Did you mean that when schedule skype meeting, there is no conference ID generated?

As you mentioned, try to upgrade to Office 2016 then test again.

For this issue, please try to use another normal outlook client test if there is the same issue, if the issue only appeared on the specific client, please try the following methods:
    1. Perform a clean boot: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135
    2. Repair office.

Please also try to compare user attributes in AD between the affected user and other normal users, if any difference, please try to modify it, test again.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 5, 2017 2:27 AM
  • Hi Alice, 

Yes, when the customer opens Outlook, and clicks on the option along the top to create a skype meeting he can see "Conference ID: __CAAAccessCode____ConfIDHelpTextBegin__ (same as access code above)__ConfIDHelpTextEnd_" 

instead of an actual conference ID, i will try and see if i can get a clean boot sorted but he doesnt even want to have to go through the hassle of recreating his outlook profile so this may not be an option. 

He will be, hopefully, upgrading to office 2016 at some point this week so i will let you know if this has resolved his issue or not. 

Wednesday, July 5, 2017 8:49 AM
  • Hi MpDBX,

Did you try to upgrade office 2016, have you resolved this issue?

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 10, 2017 9:53 AM
  • Hi Alice, 

We have not resolved the issue just yet, an engineer took a quick look and it appears that what is happening is that there is an error, on the back end, when the user tries to call his conference ID, it doesnt know what to do so it is inputting part of the error code as his conference ID. 

At the moment we are planning to reset his pin a few times, 

if that failes we will move him to a new lync pool, 

and if that fails we will delete his account and recreate it. 

Failing that the last option we have is to open a call with Microsoft as its a coding error. 

Monday, July 10, 2017 9:58 AM
  • The user upgraded to Office 2016 and happily reported this issue disappeared. No idea what happened to cause this but its resolved now. 
    • Marked as answer by mpDBX Tuesday, July 11, 2017 12:22 PM
    Tuesday, July 11, 2017 12:22 PM
  • Hi mpDBX,

I am glad to hear that your issue has been resolved, if you have any other issues with Skype for business, welcome to post in our forum.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 1:47 AM
  • I have a few users going through this same issue.  This is the only hit I can find on Google regarding this issue.

Is there any other fix to this besides upgrading to Office 2016?  We are running Skype for Business Server 2015 and just installed May 2017 CU.  First time I am seeing this but reports from users are saying that they seen this before our May CU update.

Some users it works fine while others are experiencing this issue.

Monday, October 2, 2017 11:02 PM
  • Hi igibason, 

I'm afraid this is the only solution that has been found in my company. Deleting the 15.0 or 16.0 folder from C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office does nothing. Reinstalling Skype does nothing. Rebuilding their Skype profile does nothing. 

I was told not to open a call with Microsoft about this as it was only single users who ever reported the issue so you may have more luck with them as you have multiple users. 

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 8:34 AM
  • We are seeing the same issue at our company.  So far it has only happened to two users, unfortunately they were a Director and a VP.

We are using Windows 10 Enterprise, Office 2016 32bit, Skype for Business 2016 and our patches are up-to-date (pushed automatically through SCCM).  Our Exchange Server is still on 2010 (I know that needs to be upgraded but since this is affecting only two people so far, I think it is safe to rule out this being the issue).  We are using Skype for Business 365 in the cloud.

We've had the users log onto other computers and everything seems to work correctly.  We've tried repairing Office, rebuilding the Outlook profile, and resetting their PIN, but none of that has worked.

Monday, June 4, 2018 1:01 PM