none
how to set up manager assistant(PAs) in skype for business

Question

• Hello All

I was just wondering how do Manager assistant in skype for business work...How can i set them up in Skype for Business

Thursday, March 16, 2017 8:07 AM

All replies

• You can use delegation to manage Skype meetings.It is same as outlook delegations.If you have skype integrated outlook,once you enable delegation Skype also get delegated and you can schedule Skype meetings on behalf of.Not sure what else you are looking from an assistant perspective on SFB

https://support.office.com/en-ie/article/Set-up-a-Skype-for-Business-Meeting-on-behalf-of-someone-else-1701c6a4-9740-48b9-92af-b1e77fab7e08?ui=en-US&rs=en-IE&ad=IE&fromAR=1

https://24x7itconnection.com/2015/09/22/how-to-setup-skype-for-business-meeting-delegation-without-enterprise-voice/

Jayakumar K

Thursday, March 16, 2017 9:52 AM
  • No that is what I need..I mean if there is a situation where there is a PA for 3 managers who answers thr calls...how do I set up that PA to recieve calls of three managers from her headset..

for example in AVAYA and others there is a headset for a PA where she can receive calls for different managers and transfer it to them accordingly

Friday, March 17, 2017 8:24 AM
  • If you are enable for enterprise voice you can enable simultaneous ring for you manager .It will ring the call on both the places and any one can take.This is a client feature or simply manager can set default forwarding of the calls to the PA,so PA only will get the calls.

Jayakumar K

Friday, March 17, 2017 1:17 PM
  • Yes but how will PA be able to receive multiple call alerts..I mean if there is a single PA and has to answer calls for different managers..how do we do that?

Basically I am looking to set up a PA in skype for business which can receive calls for 3 different managers and forward them if they want to answer if not just disconnect.

I mean can we forward calls from 3 numbers to single number(PA) and when call rings on PAs number how does PA know which calls is from which number and how does PA transfer calls..

Any examples of how to set it up any links, I am new to SFB so simple explanation would be very helpful..

• Edited by Lexi Mace Monday, March 20, 2017 9:50 AM
    Monday, March 20, 2017 9:12 AM
  • Yes.you can do that .From all the managers Skype client you can enable forwarding to single number.

Jayakumar K

Monday, March 20, 2017 2:25 PM
  • How will the PA who has got call forwarded on her number from 3 managers know...which call was forwarded from a particular manager?
    Tuesday, March 21, 2017 9:20 AM
  • I mean if PA gets a call forwarded from one manager...how will PA know that this particular call is from this manager...does she get an alert on screen that this is a forwarded call from so and so....and if she is talking on one call and if there is other call forwarded from other manager's number will that call be waiting in her list..how will PA get an alert of this call?
    Wednesday, March 22, 2017 8:23 AM
  • Ye i beleive,i dont rememebr exactly.You may test that.I feel it will display the forward.Now for call waiting or busy option you can set in SFB with Busy option configuration.

Jayakumar K

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 10:30 AM
  • An assistant is a user who handles calls on behalf of a manager. A proxy line specifies a phone line that appears on the assistant's Cisco IP Phone. You need to configure one proxy line for each manager who is associated with the assistant. Cisco IPMA uses proxy lines to manage calls intended for a manager....this is what in cisco

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Assistant supports two modes of operation: proxy line support and shared line support

How do we do this in skype for businesss?how do i set up phone for assistant

Friday, March 24, 2017 8:35 AM