none
Can't schedule Skype for Business meetings after KB3114831 RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all

We have Office 2013 installed in german and we are having trouble with the KB3114831. When I try to schedule a Skype for Business Call in the calender, we always get the message that we should make sure to be signed in Skype for Business. After uninstalling this update it worked like a charm. Did somebody else have this issue or where could be the problem?

Thank you very much

Wednesday, March 9, 2016 3:10 PM

Answers

All replies

• Did you install the corresponding platform and language version for Office 2013 / Skype for Business 2015

i.e.

https://www.microsoft.com/de-DE/download/details.aspx?id=51416

Thanks / rgds,

TechNet/MSDN Forum Moderator - http://www.leedesmond.com

Wednesday, March 9, 2016 4:02 PM
  • Hi,

If the issue persists, then then workaround is to uninstall this KB temporary and wait next update to fix it.

Best Regards 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, March 11, 2016 7:24 AM
  • Just wanted to chime in that we experienced this also, and the only recourse was to uninstall the update.  This was with testing only, so we did not deploy through WSUS to production.

We tried installing the Office prerequisites mentioned in the KB, but they would not install.  Office and Windows are fully patched.  Anticipating a fix in the next update!

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 7:49 PM
  • for me, I followed a suggestion on reddit to clear my Outlook autocomplete cache... File -> Options -> Mail ...

"Empty Auto-Complete List..." in the Send Messages section.

I had the problem on my own computer and that suggestion fixed it.  Not sure who to tell to get the info added to the KB article.  

Since the Lync 2013 updates are cumulative, I am not sure about removing it.  If you remove March Cumulative, do you need to reinstall the previous cumulative update?  I would rather tell users who call in to clear the auto-complete than try to figure out how to pull a cumulative update and risk taking machines back to Lync 2013 with no cumulative (Skype for Business) update and then reapply a less recent cumulative update.

Monday, March 28, 2016 9:35 PM
  • The issue with this 'fix' is it's temporary.  I have users who have cleared their cache and this worked for a couple of days and then back to the same issue again.  Testing now on removing KB. 
    Wednesday, April 6, 2016 3:15 PM
  • Yes.  We are having it re-appear here too after clearing the cache.  Unfortunatly, there is nohing yet listed on the KB that this is a known issue.  If MS has not even acknowledged the problem, it is likely that the April Lync 2013 rollup is going to have the same problem.
    • Proposed as answer by Jigme2 Thursday, April 14, 2016 9:17 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Jigme2 Thursday, April 14, 2016 9:17 PM
    Thursday, April 7, 2016 2:16 PM
  • Actually Microsoft has spoken on it.  In addition to clearing the cache they suggest adding a registry entry and turning off the cache setting.  I've been successful thus far keeping the cache setting after adding the registry entry and clearing the cache, but we'll see how that goes.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3156496

So far so good.

• Proposed as answer by Jigme2 Thursday, April 14, 2016 9:35 PM
    Thursday, April 14, 2016 9:35 PM
  • Microsoft released another update for Skype for Business 2015/Lync 2013 on April 12 that also includes the bug.  This is KB3114944.  Unfortunately, the release team failed to carry forward the "known issue" entry from the March update, even though the problem was carried forward in this new update.

The work around mentioned above is available, however you will want to undo it as soon as the bug is fixed.  I am told the bug fix will be released with the May Lync 2013/SkypeFB 2015 update. 

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 3:05 PM
  • Hi!

Got this issue solved with Windows 7 + Office 2013 by removing both KB3114944 and KB3114831.

-Aarni

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 10:17 AM
  • Aarni, what you suggested worked! This has been such an annoyance.  MS should expedite the fix as we rely on this 100% for all our meetings.  Thank you for your suggestion.
    Thursday, May 5, 2016 2:08 PM
  • Even in May within the patch day wasn't a patch available. Couldn't find words for  it.
    Wednesday, May 11, 2016 10:51 AM
  • The update that was planned to fix this problem was held out of the May patch cycle.  Maybe June.  Microsoft will fix this problem when they have some free time. Hey, on the bright side, I'm sure this results in fewer meetings being scheduled!  Seriously though, three months is a long time to wait for a bug like this to be fixed.  Cumulative updates are convenient when they work, but they've been troublesome lately.  I really don't want to leave our primary communication system unpatched for three or four months.

• Edited by ToddMiller Saturday, May 14, 2016 1:08 PM spelling
    • Proposed as answer by woelki Wednesday, June 1, 2016 11:23 AM
    Saturday, May 14, 2016 1:07 PM
  • This is a bit more difficult when running with click-to-run updates since you have to rollback to a specific channel version, rolling back the rest of the Office updates at the same time.

Can someone from Microsoft post when this is planned to be fixed in the Current Channel?

Thursday, May 19, 2016 11:57 AM
  • Has anyone tested the June 7 Lync 2013 update?  

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3115033

Wednesday, June 8, 2016 4:10 PM
  • I just tested on one laptop, where it was a problem, and the June update seems to have fixed it. Will roll out to our main test group next week.
    Friday, June 10, 2016 8:13 PM
  • Thanks for the feedback and some positive news.  I am looking through my environment for a machine that is still broken that  I can see if June fixes it.  The problem is that for heavy meeting schedulers -  they couldn;t go three months with broken Skype for Business on-line meeting scheduling - so for the people who would be good test candidates, they have auto-complete disabled as the workaround.  It is tricky to find good candidates to test wheter this is fixed in June or not.

I have a premier case open on this issue.  The person in charge of my case said he didn't see this issue listed as fixed in the June update.  Not to say it is not fixed - just that it is not listed as a fixed issue.

Monday, June 13, 2016 4:39 PM
  • We have also found that the june Lync 2013 rollup fixes the issue with on-line meeting invitations.
    Tuesday, June 21, 2016 7:02 PM