none
Lync 2010, Problems dialing international numbers. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

I have a Lync 2010 enterprise server. I'm unable to make international calls on Lync. The problem is when i try to dial an international number that has more than 10 digits, Lync cuts off any additional digits and only sends 10 digit to the PSTN gateway and thus the call fails. If I dial an international number that only has 10 digits then the calls is successful because will send the complete 10 digits to the PSTN Gateway. By the way I'm located in the US which uses 10 digit numbers for local calls. For some reason Lync is limiting all calls I make to 10 digits.

I believe I have all steps configured correctly: DialPlan, VoicePolicy, PSTNUsage, and Route. When I use the Test Voice Routing tool on Lync 2010 Console to check my normalization rules for international calling everything looks good.

Can you guys help figure out what am I missing? Thanks!

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 4:08 PM

Answers

• If the test tool shows that the digits are being normalized properly, that should rule out the dial plan.  But, how do you know that only 10 digits are sent to the PSTN gateway?  Logging on the gateway?  Check the trunk configuration as well to make sure there are no called number rules in there that may be interfering.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 10:50 PM

All replies

• If the test tool shows that the digits are being normalized properly, that should rule out the dial plan.  But, how do you know that only 10 digits are sent to the PSTN gateway?  Logging on the gateway?  Check the trunk configuration as well to make sure there are no called number rules in there that may be interfering.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 10:50 PM
  • Hi Eightbitsshort,

Agree with Anthony.

Which product did you use for the Gateway? Microsoft recommends to use verified gateway, please refer to the following
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dn788945.aspx

Please refer to the document below check the trunk configuration
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398170(v=ocs.14).aspx

Moreover, please double check and make sure your dial plan is correct.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 3:07 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any update about this issue?

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, January 29, 2018 9:24 AM
  • Thanks for your reply!

I was logging in to the gateway, that's how I could see that Lync was only sending 10 digits to the gateway.

You were right, the issue was in the Trunk Configuration. I had a normalization rule that was stripping away digits after the 10th digit.

Wednesday, January 31, 2018 8:26 PM