none
No video on Windows 10 for Lync??? RRS feed

• Question

• I just interviewed with a company that uses Lync. My first time using this app, and video was not supported. 

My OS is Windows 10. 

The company rep even said I had to use another OS because Lync video doesn't work on Windows 10.

This is a WINDOWS app...how is this possible.

Any fixes?

Tuesday, April 5, 2016 5:47 PM

Answers

• Hi

I think the company is incorrect here, or their Lync does not support video (their side) I run Windows 10 and Skype for Business client daily and never have problems with video.

You don't need another OS, would advise you to update your Lync client to Skype for Business client, you can do this in two ways.

1) install the Skype for Business 2016 client

2) Patch your Lync 2013 client to include the Skype for Business UI patch. https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/2889923

thanks

Note: Please remember to `Mark as Answered` a post that answers your question and/or `Vote as Helpful` posts that have helped you. This will help others find answers to similar problems. For more Skype for Business help visit: http://www.skype4b.uk Please note that answers are based on my experience and opinion only and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer.

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 8:57 AM
  • Hello,

Firstly, I feel sorry for your experience, however, the company rep is wrong. Lync is totally compatible with Windows 10.

To check whether the video works properly, you can open Lync -> Options -> Video Device. Check if you can see yourself through the camera.

If it does not work, here are the possible solutions for your reference:

1. Make sure your Lync client version is up to date.

2. Update the driver for the camera from the vendor web site.

Thanks,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Simon Wu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, April 7, 2016 1:12 PM

All replies

• Hi

I think the company is incorrect here, or their Lync does not support video (their side) I run Windows 10 and Skype for Business client daily and never have problems with video.

You don't need another OS, would advise you to update your Lync client to Skype for Business client, you can do this in two ways.

1) install the Skype for Business 2016 client

2) Patch your Lync 2013 client to include the Skype for Business UI patch. https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/2889923

thanks

Note: Please remember to `Mark as Answered` a post that answers your question and/or `Vote as Helpful` posts that have helped you. This will help others find answers to similar problems. For more Skype for Business help visit: http://www.skype4b.uk Please note that answers are based on my experience and opinion only and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer.

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 8:57 AM
  • Hello,

Firstly, I feel sorry for your experience, however, the company rep is wrong. Lync is totally compatible with Windows 10.

To check whether the video works properly, you can open Lync -> Options -> Video Device. Check if you can see yourself through the camera.

If it does not work, here are the possible solutions for your reference:

1. Make sure your Lync client version is up to date.

2. Update the driver for the camera from the vendor web site.

Thanks,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Simon Wu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, April 7, 2016 1:12 PM
  • Having exactly the same issue. Windows 10 (build 1607) all Microsoft and Office updates applied. Lync 2013.

Testing the video show this works. Make a video call, light for the integrated webcam is present, however just seem my picture as opposed to video. Can see other person's video though.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Monday, March 6, 2017 11:56 AM
  • Having the same issue myself.

1. Running on Windows 10 with Lync Web App

* Connected person able to see my video (me not theirs, or mine)

* Audio working

2. Connected person able to share screen. working including nested video windows (including my camera view)

3. Same Lync Web App working appropriately on Windows 7 Computer

Sunday, March 12, 2017 11:50 AM