none
Camera on Windows 10 VM in VirtualBox on Mac OS X

Question

• Hi,

I have windows 10 vm installed using virtual box from Oracle on a Mac OS. The camera which is part of the Mac is not working on the VM but works from the Mac OS. Any ideas on how I can resolve this?

Thanks,

Lokesh K

Friday, March 04, 2016 9:48 PM

Answers

• Hi,

make sure that the "Oracle VM VirtualBox Extension Pack" is installed(that adds support for the FaceTime HD camera), install the latest guest additions & then add the camera under Devices > Webcams > FaceTime HD-Camera

Regards

Daniel

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Saturday, March 05, 2016 1:45 PM

All replies

• Can you explain more how the camera is not working, it is not clear if this is a Windows 10 issue. Is the camera seen in Windows 10 at all?

Friday, March 04, 2016 11:00 PM
  • Hi,

make sure that the "Oracle VM VirtualBox Extension Pack" is installed(that adds support for the FaceTime HD camera), install the latest guest additions & then add the camera under Devices > Webcams > FaceTime HD-Camera

Regards

Daniel

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Saturday, March 05, 2016 1:45 PM
  • Hello Daniel,

Wonderful pointer! I downloaded the extension pack and installed the same. However until I upgraded to the 5.0.16 version the devices\webcam menu was not available. After upgrade everything is okay. Thank you so very much for your help. I really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Lokesh K

Tuesday, March 08, 2016 1:05 AM
  • Hi Lokesh Kris,

Please remember to mark the reply if they are helpful.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 08, 2016 1:31 AM