none
call Delay RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All

Im traying to make a call from lync client to another lync client (pc-to-pc) , when i press call its take much time attempting to start the call then i heard two ringing sound before start ringing on the caller lync

can anybody help please

Monday, July 18, 2011 12:28 PM

Answers

• Dear All

The problem solved it was the edge server in the DMZ behind the TMG server and that was caused the delay so we removed the edge's internal network and connected it directly to our internal network insted of the DMZ network and the problem was solved but when ever the edge server is defined in the topology and its down for a reason the delay will come back

Regards

• Marked as answer by Skoodoo Tuesday, August 9, 2011 10:59 AM
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 10:59 AM

All replies

• Dear All

Im traying to make a call from lync client to another lync client (pc-to-pc) , when i press call its take much time attempting to start the call then i heard two ringing sound before start ringing on the caller lync

can anybody help please

Monday, July 18, 2011 10:28 AM
  • Hi, do you have an Edge server configured?

Is there any firewalls and antivirus installed on the clients.

What does snooper tells you? Here is an guide on how to troubleshoot Lync with snooper http://www.ultimate-communications.com/2010/11/how-to-troubleshoot-lync-using-lync-server-logging-tool-snooper-v4/ have a look and post back any findings and we can help you further.

You can also have a look at this post on how to enable logging on the clients and how to analyze them in Snooper http://www.ultimate-communications.com/2011/06/how-to-troubleshoot-lync-online-using-lync-server-resource-kit-tools-snooper-v4/

Happy hunting :D

Best Regards // Tommy Clarke - Please follow me @ Blog
    and Twitter
    Monday, July 18, 2011 2:38 PM
  • All lync client have the same problem?

If this problem just happend for you pc, maybe something wrong with your pc system.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 9:12 AM
  • I am having a similar issue, and I've been able to recreate it between multiple clients. I specifically tested it on two clients using the same version (updated to the April 2011 cumulative update), and when you dial one extension from one softphone, it takes about 4-7 seconds before the other softphone starts "ringing." We have an edge server but it's not configured to do anything at the moment - it just "exists" in the topology, but everything in DNS, media gateway, etc. is pointing to the Mediation server. Does having an Edge server make it more reliable/better performance?

We're also having an issue with some Jabra headsets that, when you pick up using the headset, causes a 5-10 second delay before the caller can hear anything. This is internal or external calls. Doubt it's related but just thought I'd throw that in there as another problem, just in case it is.

I haven't done a snooper analysis yet but the statement about the Edge server made me curious what type of effect that should have on a pc-pc only call.

Thursday, July 21, 2011 1:27 PM
  •  

I've read elsewhere that and Edge Server configured but not in service yet can cause this.

http://windowspbx.blogspot.com
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 11:33 PM
  • A very simple way to test if this is edge server related. Disassociate the edge server from the front end pool. Check the replication status is current. Then test the call again. I have done this in the past and the call delay dissapears. I am still working on resolving the edge problems, but if you take away the edge and the calls are fine then it points to a problem there.
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 5:58 AM
  • I'm seeing exactly the same problem.  When I disassociate the edge pool from the topology, the call delay goes away.  Has anybody figured out what is happening between the FE and Edge servers that is causing this?
    Friday, August 5, 2011 8:31 PM
  • Dear All

The problem solved it was the edge server in the DMZ behind the TMG server and that was caused the delay so we removed the edge's internal network and connected it directly to our internal network insted of the DMZ network and the problem was solved but when ever the edge server is defined in the topology and its down for a reason the delay will come back

Regards

• Marked as answer by Skoodoo Tuesday, August 9, 2011 10:59 AM
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 10:59 AM