none
Can't change audio device in Office 365 Lync conference. RRS feed

• Question

• I have Lync 2010 accounts on our op-premise server and Office 365.

On the same computer logged in to on-permise account i can change audio device in a conference. For som reason this is not possible when i am logged in to a Office 365 Lync account. Is there some configuration i could do to activate this?

From Lync on-premise account.

No audio device icon when logged in to the Office 365 account

Saturday, November 17, 2012 5:32 PM

Answers

• From your test, I think it is not related with your Lync client and computer.  

Maybe it is by default other with it the problem on server side. I am not sure about office 365 account. You can post your question in office 365 forum.

http://community.office365.com/en-us/forums/default.aspx

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, November 23, 2012 9:31 AM

All replies

• Did this problem happen with other office 365 Lync account?

Check whether or not this problem exists if you sign in another computer.

Check the conferencing policies for your Lync accounts.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, November 19, 2012 6:26 AM
  • Yes, the problem happens with all the four accounts i have tried.

The problem is the same on tree other computers I have tried. Two windows 7 computers in our local domain and one windows 7 in workgroup.

The problem is also the same when I with the Office 365 Lync account try to connect to our on-premise conferences.

I don't know where in the Office 365 I could check the conferencing policy. The only settings I can find is setting up dial in conferencing.

I did one more test with the Lync 2010 client logging in to our Lync 2013 preview server on Office 365. Here i got the choise to change sound device again. My guess is that this has to be something related to the Office 365 Lync 2010 accounts and not computers.

• Edited by Kmm3 Monday, November 19, 2012 6:38 PM
    Monday, November 19, 2012 6:23 PM
  • From your test, I think it is not related with your Lync client and computer.  

Maybe it is by default other with it the problem on server side. I am not sure about office 365 account. You can post your question in office 365 forum.

http://community.office365.com/en-us/forums/default.aspx

Friday, November 23, 2012 9:31 AM
  • I discovered today that we got the same issue with our on-premise accounts that don't have enterprise voice enabled. The problem was fixed when enabling the funtionc. I need to take this with Microsoft support while there is not possible to enable enterprise voice in Office 365
    Wednesday, March 20, 2013 10:04 PM