Recording button missing when dial in as leader RRS feed

• Question

• I have Skype for business 2015. Recording functionality is enabled for Skype in Conferencing Policy.

The issue is, when I as presenter join the conference meeting with audio from Skype for Business. i can see the recording option. 

but when join the meeting with no audio and dialin as presenter or scheduler, the recording button is not there. its only manage recording.

is this by design or i have a configuration issue. the reason i am posting is that, we have few user who want to record meeting when they are dialed in not Skype for Business Audio.

thanks in advance.

Zak

ZakBhai

Wednesday, April 29, 2020 3:11 PM

All replies

• Hi ZakBhai,

Could you provide us a screenshot in order to know your situation clearly?

Based on my experience, it is an expect behavior that there won't have the Start Recording button during a Skype for Business Call. However, when you are in a Skype for business meeting, you will see this button.

Instead you can use the Meet Now feature to run a simple online meeting, dial-out to a mobile or landline and record the call. All the Skype for Business recording features will be available, allowing you to record your call, save and publish the recording.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 30, 2020 7:17 AM
  • Whats the difference between Skype for Business Call and Skype for Business meeting?

Also we do not have dial-out feature (call me). When user click "Join Meeting" it joins the call with PC mic and Speaker where the user is able to record the meeting. but if that user hung up and dial-in to the conference, the recording button is gone.

ZakBhai

Thursday, April 30, 2020 2:48 PM
  • Hi ZakBhai,

Sorry for a mistake. I tested Skype call this time. I found that it also has start recording option.

If the Skype call is between two people, it has no participant actions:

Also, there are some differences in more options:

If you add more participants into the Skype call, it will escalate to Skype meeting.

From the starting way, Skype call can only be started from the peer to peer conversation. While Skype meeting can be started by the Meet Now button or schedule from outlook client or in the calendar.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 4, 2020 9:47 AM
  • Hi Sharon

You right, but in both the case you talking about Skype Call or Skype Meeting using Skype for Business Audio. What my issue is, when user join a Skype meeting and instead of using Skype Audio they choose to dialing suing 1-800 number and with conference ID and leadership PIN. in that scenario Meeting organizer do not have option of Recording.

if this by design or i am missing a configuration?

ZakBhai

Monday, May 4, 2020 3:28 PM
  • Hi ZakBhai,

User in your environment can dial in conferencing without problem. It should not be related to the configuration.

I did not find this kind official document. Meanwhile, due to resource limitation of our forum, we are not able to test the same scenario as yours. So, I cannot conclude if it is by design. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Wednesday, May 6, 2020 7:55 AM