none
When installing O365 C2R ProPlus 1808 with Project and Visio 2019 VLS Click2Run versions, it does not remove Project and Visio 2016 C2R. RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed recently O365 Click-To-Run ProPlus 1808 with Project and Visio 2019 Volume Licensed Click2Run versions.

The existing Office C2R ProPlus 1803 seems upgraded to 1808 but the O365 deployment tool does not remove Project and Visio 2016 Volume Licensed Click To Run. Checked but did not find ODT tool setting to upgrade Project and Visio 2016 to Project and Visio 2019.

Has anyone experienced this and solved it? Any recommendations on how to upgrade Project and Visio 2016 to 2019 (VLS versions and Click2Run) would be greatly appreciated.

Wednesday, May 1, 2019 2:52 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Could you provide the config.xml content here?

As far as I know, you should add Remove element to remove Click-to-Run version Office products.

For example, create UninstallConfig.xml file with content:

<Configuration>
    <Remove All="FALSE">
      <Product ID="VisioProRetail" >
        <Language ID="es-es" />
      </Product>
    </Remove>
    <Display Level="None" AcceptEULA="TRUE"/>
    </Configuration> 

Note: <Remove All="FALSE">, if set to TRUE, all Office products and languages will be removed.

Optional. The default value is FALSE.

Allowed values:

• All="FALSE"
    • All="TRUE"

Then run the ODT executable in configure mode: setup.exe /configure UninstallConfig.xml

For Project and Visio 2019 Volume Licensed version Product ID, please refer to this support article:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/product-ids-that-are-supported-by-the-office-deployment-tool-for-click-to-run-77654e77-aaeb-4ed6-84eb-1d8b0e086590

Any updates please let me know and I'm glad to help you.

Regards,

Emi Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Thursday, May 2, 2019 6:08 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you provide the config.xml content here?

As far as I know, you should add Remove element to remove Click-to-Run version Office products.

For example, create UninstallConfig.xml file with content:

<Configuration>
    <Remove All="FALSE">
      <Product ID="VisioProRetail" >
        <Language ID="es-es" />
      </Product>
    </Remove>
    <Display Level="None" AcceptEULA="TRUE"/>
    </Configuration> 

Note: <Remove All="FALSE">, if set to TRUE, all Office products and languages will be removed.

Optional. The default value is FALSE.

Allowed values:

• All="FALSE"
    • All="TRUE"

Then run the ODT executable in configure mode: setup.exe /configure UninstallConfig.xml

For Project and Visio 2019 Volume Licensed version Product ID, please refer to this support article:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/product-ids-that-are-supported-by-the-office-deployment-tool-for-click-to-run-77654e77-aaeb-4ed6-84eb-1d8b0e086590

Any updates please let me know and I'm glad to help you.

Regards,

Emi Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Thursday, May 2, 2019 6:08 AM
  • This works, I used XML file below, and did update from Office 365 x64 ProPlus 1803 SAC Click2Run with Project Pro 2016 and Visio Pro 2016 Click2Run Volume Licensed version to Office 365 x64 ProPlus 1808 Click2Run with Project Pro 2019 and Visio Pro 2019 Click2Run Volume Licensed version.

The XML below allowed to remove Project Pro and Visio Pro 2016 Click2Run, which I had issues to achieve before.

Thank you, will mark this as an answer.

XML file:

<Add OfficeClientEdition="64" Channel="Broad">        

<!-- install O1808/2019 and Project and Visio 2019-->

<Product ID="O365ProPlusRetail">         

<Language ID="en-us" />

</Product>  

<!-- Visio Pro 2019 VLS C2R -->

<Product ID="VisioPro2019Volume">

<Language ID="en-us" />

</Product>

<!-- Project Pro 2019 VLS C2R -->

<Product ID="ProjectPro2019Volume">

<Language ID="en-us" />

</Product>

</Add>

<!-- Attempt to remove Visio and Project 2016 -->

<Remove All="FALSE">

<Product ID="VisioProXVolume" PIDKEY="69WXN-MBYV6-22PQG-3WGHK-RM6XC" >

<Language ID="en-us" />

</Product>

<Product ID="ProjectProXVolume" PIDKEY="WGT24-HCNMF-FQ7XH-6M8K7-DRTW9" >

<Language ID="en-us" />

</Product>

</Remove>

<Updates Enabled="TRUE" Channel="Broad" />

<Display Level="None" AcceptEULA="TRUE" />

<Property Name="AUTOACTIVATE" Value="1" />

</Configuration>

Friday, May 3, 2019 7:22 PM