none
Allow users to communicate with federated contacts - greyed out RRS feed

• Question

• I have a newly deployed OCS 2007 R2 environment which is not allowing federation to occur.

In the properties of the edge server, under Access Methods the "Allow users to communicate with federated contacts" option is graeed out.

I don't believe it is a certificate issue as remote users are able to sign in.

I do have both federation and remote access ports using 5061 so I'm wondering if that's the issue?

Thanks

Loryan

MCSE 2003, MCTS (2008, LCS, OCS, SharePoint) Paradyne | My BPOS blog (Explore the BPOSsibility)
    Friday, October 1, 2010 5:56 AM

Answers

• If federation will be disabled on this Edge Server, and this Edge Server will allow remote user access and you want to allow the remote users to communicate with federated users (in which the federation relationship is supported by a different Edge Server), select the Allow users to communicate with federated contacts check box. (This option is not available or necessary when you also enable federation on this Edge Server.)

To enable remote users who connect through this Access Edge service to communicate with federated users who connect through another Access Edge service, select the Allow remote users to communicate with federated contacts check box. This option applies if this Edge Server is configured with an Access Edge service dedicated to remote user access and another Edge Server is configured with an Access Edge service for federation and public IM connectivity.

More information please check Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Configure Edge Servers.

Best regards,
    Friday, October 1, 2010 8:20 AM