Download old version of LIS RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have to virtualize an old SuSE 10 machine. Until now the machine is running, but neither the network nor the x-server is running. I think I have to install the Linux Integration Service into the linux machine. Is it possible to get an old version of the lis software for this use case? Or how can I get this machine running? Thank you very much.

Kind regards.

Markus

• Edited by marol08 Saturday, January 18, 2020 8:26 PM
    Saturday, January 18, 2020 8:26 PM

All replies

• Let me start by asking if SuSE 10 still supported by Novell? :)

I don't think LIS removed support for a distro if it got EOL, though I haven't followed up the project recently.

Either way, you can find the old code here - https://github.com/LIS/lis-next

and check the branches, the old releases can be installed directly from there.

Another way to get network is to use a legacy adapter on the VM, of course that will not give you the best network performance and the good features...

Monday, January 20, 2020 2:15 PM
  • First thank you very much for your reply. 

But how can I use the legacy Adapter on the VM? I don't know what kind of network device I have to choose in the vm or how I have to install the legacy device.

Thank you very much

Markus

Monday, January 20, 2020 4:27 PM
  • Until now I've got the network working. I've found, that I had to change my network cards and than the vm has detect them. Also the X-Server is working but the mouse does not work. How can I get the mouse running?

Thank you very much.

Kind Regards.

Monday, January 20, 2020 9:15 PM
  • Until now I've got the network working. I've found, that I had to change my network cards and than the vm has detect them. Also the X-Server is working but the mouse does not work. How can I get the mouse running?

Thank you very much.

Kind Regards.

mouse input requires the hid_hyperv module, which is in LIS drivers.

Otherwise, you are better off with using a VNC connection really, instead of using the vm console directly.

Monday, January 20, 2020 9:25 PM