none
Is there any way to integrate with Polycom VSX? RRS feed

• Question

• One of our customers has the following configuration:

- meeting rooms with Polycom VSX 7400 devices;

- Polycom MGC 50 server

- OCS 2007 R2 Std deployed

Now we are looking for a way to integrate Polycom VC and OCS. We have discussed with Polycom consulting, but the only way they can propose is to buy RMX 2000 gateway that costs like a spacecraft :) Are there any alternative solutions?

Have anyone tried this device?

• Edited by Vadim Ditch Wednesday, April 21, 2010 2:34 PM mistyped word
    Wednesday, April 21, 2010 2:32 PM

All replies

• The VSX line is H.323 only, so those devices cannot be natively integrated with OCS like the HDX line, which registers natively.  The RMX is the only way to bring together MOC and VSX participants.
    Mike Stacy | http://mikestacy.typepad.com
    Wednesday, April 21, 2010 3:49 PM
  • There is information here, that VSX with latest firmware supports SIP. Actualy, lucky guys succeeded in integrating VSX with LCS 2005, so SIP support is not the root of the problem, I suppose.

Anyway, thanks for your reply, Mike :)

Thursday, April 22, 2010 12:11 PM
  • Mike, please excuise my doubtfulness, but...

Could you please have a look at this document? I see the following statement:

VSX 7000e customers can combine the SoundStation VTX1000 conference phone with their system, allowing them to make video calls through their conference phone and to use it as their stereo microphone, eliminating clutter and wires on the conference table. Take your choice of how you want to call – IP (H.323 and SIP) or ISDN – and be assured that your video conference is secure with the most up-to-date encryption standards.

And more, at Specifications section:

SIP Supported (Sessions Initiation Protocol)

• Register and authenticate with:

- Microsoft LCS

- Nortel MCS

- Standards-based SIP servers

• FECC

• H.261, H.263, H.264

• G.711, G.722, G.722.1, G.728, G.729A, Siren 14

(G722.1 Annex C)

• Microsoft LCS contact list support

• Microsoft LCS presence support

• Interoperable with Microsoft Office Communicator (!!!)

And finally, the customer has got MGC also. Can we integrate through this one, if it's not possible to connect VSX devices directly to OCS?

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010 11:33 AM
  • It's good to be doubtful - I did some further research and found that the data I had on the legacy equipment was inaccurate.  The VSX does support SIP.  However, it is not supported or tested with anything after LCS 2005 SP1.  Only the HDX and RMX are supported with OCS.
    Mike Stacy | http://mikestacy.typepad.com
    Friday, April 30, 2010 12:08 AM