Exchane Database will not mount RRS feed

• Question

• This is an issue with an Exchange 2007 server. I am getting the following error after running eseutil /p

MSExchangeIS (1924) SG3: A bad page link (error -338) has been detected in a B-Tree (ObjectId: 54, PgnoRoot: 114) of database

Any help is welcomed.

Monday, August 28, 2017 4:29 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you please elaborate your issue and in which scenario you are running Repair command.

Is Database problematic DB was in HA, If Yes , what method used.

Regards

Vbhadauria

Monday, August 28, 2017 5:13 AM
  • 1. First before you do any more actions against this DB did you make a copy of it?  /p is a destructive process so ensure you have a copy before doing anything else

2. What happened to lead you to executing a /P?  This is important to know and to ensure you fixed the issue before doing a /P since if for example its disk related and you do a /P it will do more damage to the DB

Search, Recover, Export Mailboxes, Folders, Email, Contacts, Calendars, Tasks, etc. from Offline Exchange Databases (EDBs), On-Premise Exchange Servers and Office 365. Migrate/Recover direct from any offline EDB into any On-Premises Exchange Server, even cross version i.e. 2003 → 2007 → 2010 →2013 → 2016 → Office 365 with Lucid8's DigiScope

Monday, August 28, 2017 4:59 PM
  • Hi clpirtle,

It shows that the database has been corrupted, I met a similar case before, it resolved by recovering the database from a successful backup.

Moreover, Exchange 2007 has reached the end of its support lifecycle, it's recommended to upgrade to Exchange 2016 for better user experience.

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 7:32 AM