none
MS Office Professional Plus 2013 will not install RRS feed

• Question

• I worked with the support group and they created a case #1305479832. They could not get it to install either.

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 1:54 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Do you mind telling us more detailed information about the issue which you have encountered? It seems you got an error message like this:

We’re sorry, Before we can install we need you to restart your computer and retry your installation.

If yes, please try to go to :

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu

right click Programs folder, go to properties, go to the security tab, click edit

click the "Everyone' group, check full control. make sure the boxes are all populated with checkmarks,hit apply, then ok, then ok=>open the Programs folder, if there isn't this directory, "Microsoft Office 2013" then create one with this name =>open "Microsoft Office 2013" directory=>inside of it, create "Office 2013 Tools"=>Now try to install office again as Admin

I hope the above information helps. Reply with the result and I’ll be glad to further assist you.

Regards,

George Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Wednesday, September 23, 2015 2:03 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you mind telling us more detailed information about the issue which you have encountered? It seems you got an error message like this:

We’re sorry, Before we can install we need you to restart your computer and retry your installation.

If yes, please try to go to :

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu

right click Programs folder, go to properties, go to the security tab, click edit

click the "Everyone' group, check full control. make sure the boxes are all populated with checkmarks,hit apply, then ok, then ok=>open the Programs folder, if there isn't this directory, "Microsoft Office 2013" then create one with this name =>open "Microsoft Office 2013" directory=>inside of it, create "Office 2013 Tools"=>Now try to install office again as Admin

I hope the above information helps. Reply with the result and I’ll be glad to further assist you.

Regards,

George Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Wednesday, September 23, 2015 2:03 AM
  • Worked well with my MSO 2016 installation!
    Wednesday, May 29, 2019 9:20 PM