none
Can't drag, move, or copy contact to "Other Contacts" group in Lync 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• We are deploying Lync 2010 at my company, and I have observed an odd behavior. If I search for a contact in the Lycn client, and click on Add, I can add that contact to the "Other Contacts" group with no problem. However, if I try to drag a contact from one of my contact groups into the Other Contacts group, it won't let me. Iif I try to right-click the contact and select Copy or Move, the Other Contacts choice is disabled. This is the case on my Windows 7 desktop and my XP laptop, and everyone I have asked is observing the same problem.

Any ideas? TIA...

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 11:29 PM

Answers

• Hi,

"Other Contacts" is default and original group in the Lync client and it isn't able to be deleted or renamed. You are just able to add new contact to the group.

"Other Contacts" group is renamed to "All Contacts" in latest Lync client. One contact can't be added to "Other Contacts" when it have exit in other groups.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, June 15, 2011 9:32 AM

All replies

• Hi,

"Other Contacts" is default and original group in the Lync client and it isn't able to be deleted or renamed. You are just able to add new contact to the group.

"Other Contacts" group is renamed to "All Contacts" in latest Lync client. One contact can't be added to "Other Contacts" when it have exit in other groups.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, June 15, 2011 9:32 AM
  • But if I 'Remove from Group' and not 'Remove from Contacts List', I would it expect to go to the default group of 'Other/All Contacts' and not be deleted from the list.
    Friday, October 7, 2011 6:18 PM
  • Sadly this is still broken in Lync 2013
    Tuesday, May 12, 2015 5:09 PM
  • I've created a group called 'My Other Contacts' and put all the people from 'Other Contacts' in there, leaving Other Contacts empty.  Just works better that way.
    • Proposed as answer by FoaRyan Friday, December 21, 2018 2:00 PM
    Wednesday, August 3, 2016 6:09 AM
  • Same problem in 2018, not only with "other contacts". I made a group called friends,for people from the company but not on my project, and i can't move them.
    Monday, October 15, 2018 10:19 AM
  • I think moving to a self-created group for "other" is the best solution. It does, sadly however, leave you with an empty group in your list. For minimalists this is annoying. I can just move it to the bottom of my list and I'm fine with it though, so it works for me!

www.standardexcellence.net | Oklahoma IT Superhero

Friday, December 21, 2018 2:02 PM