none
Disable microphone auto-adjust in OC 2007 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• I notice that OC 2007 R2 the client attempts to auto-adjust the microphone level down if the level is too high. i.e If I slide the microphone level in the "Set up audio and video" screen all the way to the right, and speak loudly, the level automatically adjusts downwards. This happens on calls as well not just the setup wizard.

Is there any way to disable this functionality. Reason being is that sometimes the headset microphone gets accidentally bumped causing a loud noise and the audio levels to be automatically lowered. Then the user's voice becomes very soft unless it is manually raised back up again.

Friday, October 1, 2010 10:28 PM

All replies

• HI, that microphone auto-adjust could be disabled in audio settings in control panel, would you try?
    Best regards,
    Friday, October 15, 2010 12:29 PM
  • I cannot find such a setting in Control Panel. What specifically is the setting to look for?
    Monday, February 28, 2011 11:37 PM
  • Hi, I also need to know if there is a way to disable this functionality. Can someone help please? Thanks.
    Friday, March 11, 2011 6:39 AM
  • Same problem here - we have a call center here and everyone has Lync-certified headsets, but when speaking a little louder, the microphone volume goes lower and lower 'til the other participant hears almost nothing. Hopefully this feature will be added (or an additional registry key for advanced users to modify & deploy). 

Weird thing is, that with some of the older analogue headsets the microphone's volume won't go down that fast, but is still a problem.

There is an utility called VolumeLock, but it's not free and for corporate use it's no good.
    • Edited by Evar Ring Tuesday, September 11, 2012 6:20 AM Added VolumeLock line
    Tuesday, September 11, 2012 6:19 AM