Exchange 2016 DAG Network Subnet Misconfigured RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have painful issue with misconfigured dagnetwork.

current situatio

We have a exchange 2013 DAG working on Windows 2012.

now I am setting up a Exchange 2016 DAG on Windows Server 2016  co-existence environment

now when I go and configure the DAG on ECP I see below.

On powershell DAG network I see below.

I have 2 isci and LAN setup as exchange 2013. and all the DNS all the settings same. and yes I have gone through many articles on setting up on Manual and what not no joy...

can any one tell me please what else I can do to fix this?

Thanks

Sham

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 7:59 PM

Answers

• Hi 

A deleted the DAG, recreated it. then disabled replication on isci as recommended by MS. then all mis-configurations went away. 

Thanks

Sham

• Marked as answer by Sham Ismail Friday, March 24, 2017 10:36 AM
    Friday, March 24, 2017 10:36 AM

All replies

• Hello,

current situatio

now I am setting up a Exchange 2016 DAG on Windows Server 2016  co-existence environment

I have 2 isci and LAN setup as exchange 2013. and all the DNS all the settings same. and yes I have gone through many articles on setting up on Manual and what not no joy...

Thanks

Sham

Why the need for replication networks? The recommended architecture is only NIC only. Much easier to manage. One network for MAPI/REPL

Exchange 2007 reaches end of life on April 11th. What’s your plan to move?

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 9:33 PM
  • Hello,

current situatio

Thanks

Sham

Why the need for replication networks? The recommended architecture is only NIC only. Much easier to manage. One network for MAPI/REPL

You might want to collapse and recreate DAG Networks. Have you done it already ? if you have not done it then refer to the information available in the articles enclosed below:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/timmcmic/2011/09/26/exchange-2010-collapsing-dag-networks/

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/samdrey/2012/12/04/exchange-2010-dagcollapse-the-mapi-networks-in-a-dag/

and few other links available on the thread: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/1c04ef49-ee0d-4f39-ae5f-3c628b6e3337/mapidagnetwork-misconfigured-cluster-replication-network-accepts-client-connections-via?forum=exchangesvravailabilityandisasterrecovery

Pavan Maganti ~ ( Exchange | 2003/2007/2010/E15(2013)) ~~ Please remember to click “Vote As Helpful" if it really helps and "Mark as Answer” if it answers your question, “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. ~~ This Information is provided is "AS IS" and confers NO Rights!!

Thursday, March 23, 2017 4:34 AM
  • Hi Sham,

Please see if the following articles are helpful:

Misconfigured Subnets Appear in Exchange Server 2013 DAG Network

DAG Network Shows Misconfigured In Exchange 2013 Server

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 23, 2017 9:14 AM
  • you have configured the same subnet for two different dags (01 on both)
    Thursday, March 23, 2017 9:36 AM
  • Hi Andy,

how do I do that? if I am to recreate the DAG again?

thanks

Sham

Thursday, March 23, 2017 11:45 AM
  • Re-assign the DAG Networks for exc2016DAG following the procedure on my last reply.

Pavan Maganti ~ ( Exchange | 2003/2007/2010/E15(2013)) ~~ Please remember to click “Vote As Helpful" if it really helps and "Mark as Answer” if it answers your question, “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. ~~ This Information is provided is "AS IS" and confers NO Rights!!

Thursday, March 23, 2017 1:02 PM
  • Hi Andy,

how do I do that? if I am to recreate the DAG again?

thanks

Sham

All you need to do is remove the REPL networks and disable those REPL NICS:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd298131(v=exchg.160).aspx

One network is recommended.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/exchange/2015/10/12/the-exchange-2016-preferred-architecture/

The PA leverages a single, non-teamed network interface for both client connectivity and data replication. A single network interface is all that is needed because ultimately our goal is to achieve a standard recovery model regardless of the failure – whether a server failure occurs or a network failure occurs, the result is the same: a database copy is activated on another server within the DAG. This architectural change simplifies the network stack, and obviates the need to manually eliminate heartbeat cross-talk.

Thursday, March 23, 2017 1:12 PM
  • Hi 

A deleted the DAG, recreated it. then disabled replication on isci as recommended by MS. then all mis-configurations went away. 

Thanks

Sham

• Marked as answer by Sham Ismail Friday, March 24, 2017 10:36 AM
    Friday, March 24, 2017 10:36 AM
  • You should mark other answers as helpful and/or answered. Its poor forum etiquette to ask questions then mark your own as answer when others have helped you.  

Friday, March 24, 2017 12:17 PM
  • Being in the same boat at the moment and finding no solutions here or anywhere else and TechNet I have to agree.

Maybe if your solutions worked an appropriate response of 'answered' would be in order.

-=Chris

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 7:47 PM