none
Holding Columns In A Received Email RRS feed

• Question

• How can the columns in a received email containing a report, hold the column positions of the original report?  Outlook wants to drop spaces and slide the data to the left.  This is for Outlook 2013.
    Thursday, May 2, 2019 2:02 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you please give me more details about your needs? If possible, please provide me with some screenshots.

Then you may try to uncheck the option "Reduce message size by removing format information not necessary to display the message" via clicking File > Options > Mail > Message format and see if there is any difference.

Any update, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, May 3, 2019 7:42 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got your issue fixed?

Please feel free to post back if you need further assistance on this.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, May 6, 2019 7:12 AM
  • Hi Aidan.

Thanks for responding.

The message format option you showed was already checked.

What happens is a file that looks like this:

New York       USA      13,485,600

Philadelphia   USA        4,489,651

Will be displayed like this:

New York  USA  13,485,600

Philadelphia  USA  4,489,651

If I copy and paste the data to Notepad, the columns are straight again.

Monday, May 6, 2019 1:10 PM
  • Hi Aidan.  Did my answer make sense?
    Wednesday, May 8, 2019 1:10 PM
  • Hi,

Sorry for the delay in reply.

How about exiting Outlook desktop client and see if the issue can be reproduced on the web mail?

If possible, could you please provide me with the screenshot about the issue?

As a workaround, it is suggested to use a table to add your data.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Thursday, May 9, 2019 2:50 AM
  • Hi Aidan,

I tried using web mail and got the same result.

I sent a representation of what I am getting because I can't send screen shots related to where I work.

How do I add a table to the email I am sending?

Dave

Thursday, May 9, 2019 1:31 PM
  • Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply.

Please follow the steps below to add a table to the email.

1. Create a new message.
    2. Select "Insert" section in the Tool Bar then click Table.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Friday, May 10, 2019 8:19 AM
  • Hi Aidan,

I am creating this email using a PERL script which invokes Sendmail so I need to create the table in that script, if that's the only solution.

Dave

Friday, May 10, 2019 7:21 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

>> I sent a representation of what I am getting because I can't send screen shots related to where I work.

Could you please provide me with the screenshot about your issue and anything related to your issue?

Please send your pictures to the following email address that we use to collect information:

GBSD TN Office Information Collection ibsofc@microsoft.com

Please add a link to this post in the subject of the email to facilitate the differentiation of the email. We will review and further analyze after receiving the email.

(Notice: Please remove the privacy information.)

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Monday, May 13, 2019 8:45 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the reply.  I sent the information you requested to the address you gave me.

Dave

Monday, May 13, 2019 4:54 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your updates.

I have received your message.

>> I am creating this email using a PERL script which invokes Sendmail
    Does this issue occur when you create an email in a normal way? 

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 8:14 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got your issue fixed?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    And if you need further assistance on this, please feel free to post back.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Monday, May 20, 2019 8:58 AM
  • Hi Aidan. The issue is not fixed. This happens when I create a regular email.
    Monday, May 20, 2019 10:02 AM
  • Hi,

I'm researching on your issue.

Once there is any update, I will reply at the first time.

If you have any update, please post back.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Thursday, May 23, 2019 8:32 AM
  • Thanks Aidan.
    Thursday, May 23, 2019 2:50 PM
  • Hi,

You're welcome.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Friday, May 24, 2019 8:50 AM