none
Always loading profile Office Std 2016

Question

• Hello guys, quite a common issue outlook always loading at profile.

Win 7 SP1. / Outlook Std 2016

Here's the issue:

domain\user1 - outlook always stuck at loading profile

local\local_user1- outlook no problem

Tried at domain\user1:

- repair installation of Office x-doesn't work

- create new outlook profile x-doesn't work

- remove all outlook profiles via registry x-doesn't work

- outlook /safe x-doesn't work

- outlook /resetnavpane x-doesn't work

- move outlook profile to another partion  x-doesn't work

- check with process explorer no other processes that is attached to outlook.exe

any ideas how to resolve this? (aside from creating new user profile)

Thanks.

Every second counts..make use of it. Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Friday, May 10, 2019 7:32 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Does this issue happen with a specific domain user account or all user accounts? 

What if we wait long enough, will Outlook passes to next process?

Do you have cached Exchange mode enabled? If so, you may try turning off cached Exchange mode and then see whether this issue continues. To do this, go to Control Panel > Mail, click Show Profiles, double-click the profile you are currently using, then click Email Account. Select your Exchange account and click Change. Untick the checkbox before "Use Cached Exchange Mode".

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, May 13, 2019 2:51 AM
  • Hi Steve,

I have tried exchange mode disabled or enabled, makes no difference.

We tried to wait for about 2 days, no joy.

I wanted to try other domain accounts but the PC is on the site.

I only tried a local profile and works fine.

I'm not sure how to resolve it, i already delete the registry profile of outlook. remove all old profile in mail control panel.  It initializes the account shows the percent count. Basically the basic process that is displayed when adding a new profile is shown. Quite promising.

But the moment it goes to "loading profile" it gets stuck.

Thanks for your reply.

Every second counts..make use of it. Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

• Edited by cguan Monday, May 13, 2019 8:24 AM edit
    Monday, May 13, 2019 8:22 AM
  • Thank you for the update.

If your Outlook client fully patched? You may try installing all available updates and then test it again.

>>I wanted to try other domain accounts but the PC is on the site.

Do you mean only a specific PC is affected? Have you tried with another PC?

Besides, you may also try creating a new profile and setting up an internet account or an Outlook.com account to see whether the same issue happens.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 9:55 AM
  • Thank you for the update.

If your Outlook client fully patched? You may try installing all available updates and then test it again.

>>I wanted to try other domain accounts but the PC is on the site.

Do you mean only a specific PC is affected? Have you tried with another PC?

Besides, you may also try creating a new profile and setting up an internet account or an Outlook.com account to see whether the same issue happens.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Hi Steve, yes only one PC that is on-site. I tried creating another office 365 account but it doesn't work on this pc. Outlook is fully patched, I have tried updating no updates available.

I'm suspecting there is a cache somewhere on the system that is preventing any Outlook profile from being loaded to the system so it will open normally. If I am not wrong the user has tried so many passwords before telling me that they don't remember the password.

I use psexplorer from sysinternals there are no applications or add-ins that is preventing outlook from working normally.

Are there any registry or cache setting for Outlook profile loading?

• Edited by cguan Friday, May 17, 2019 1:07 AM edit
    Friday, May 17, 2019 1:05 AM
  • You may try renaming the following registry key to Outlook-1 and then restart Outlook. A new \Outlook registry key will be created upon restarting. Most of Outlook customize settings are stored under this registry key:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook

Please let us know the result.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 7:50 AM
  • Any update here? have you got an opportunity to try the above suggestion?

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Friday, May 24, 2019 9:48 AM