none
Taking Notes using OneNote RRS feed

• Question

• After selecting the "Taking Notes using OneNote" option in a Lync meeting, the data that appears in OneNote is either the participant email address or last, first name. When other people on my team select this option in the same meeting, their OneNote is all last, first or all email or a combo like I see.

1. Why does the data look different in OneNote for different presenters in the Lync meeting?
    2. Are there settings we can change? If so, where are those settings?

Thank you!

Devon

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 3:07 PM

Answers

• Hi Bo1ogna,

Welcome to post in our forum.

Regarding your question, I did a test with my Lync client, the result shows the first name and last name.

Here is the screenshot:

In order to narrow down the issue, would you please provide a screenshot cut for us ?

What’s your Lync client version(Lync 2010, Lync 2013 or SFB 2015)?

What’s your OneNote version ?

Please make sure both your OneNote and Lync client with the latest update.

Alice Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 22, 2016 2:50 AM

All replies

• Hi Bo1ogna,

Welcome to post in our forum.

Regarding your question, I did a test with my Lync client, the result shows the first name and last name.

Here is the screenshot:

In order to narrow down the issue, would you please provide a screenshot cut for us ?

What’s your Lync client version(Lync 2010, Lync 2013 or SFB 2015)?

What’s your OneNote version ?

Please make sure both your OneNote and Lync client with the latest update.

Alice Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 22, 2016 2:50 AM
  • Hi 

Agree with Alice as tested it will  show the display name of the participants if they are  within the domain and they are all clickable ones which will further have all the contact information. You can also make sure that you have updated version of Onenote/Office application

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

Friday, September 23, 2016 6:54 AM