none
Client Disk Space Requirements RRS feed

• Question

• I've a client who wants to deploy Lync Client on some thin clients with XPE. 

The problem is that installation is complaining about free disk space (currently 250 Mb).

What are the disk space requirements to install Lync Client? Is there a way to avoid this check ?

Wednesday, October 5, 2011 5:51 PM

Answers

• Ow.

I've founded the problem.

The requirement for Lync Client install is 250 Mb.

The XPE had 248 Mb free earlier when I was testing. After removing some files (about 256 Mb of free space), the installer was able to continue.

I did a research on the web and don't find anything about this free disk space requirement of Lync Client.

Well, I hope this thread can serve as future reference for other users.

Jean

Wednesday, October 5, 2011 6:29 PM

All replies

• Hi Jean,

I did not find about the exact disk requirement, but 100 meg of free space should be needed.

Also, I have seen issue where other componant where missing from the XPE:

XP Servce Pack 3, Windows Installer 3.1 and Microsoft Core XML services (MSXML) 6.0 with Service Pack 1 (SP1) must be installed before deploying Lync 2010.       

Let me know

Regards

Jean-Philippe Breton | Senior Microsoft Consultant | MCTS, MCITP, MCT, Lync MVP
    Wednesday, October 5, 2011 6:00 PM
  • Ow.

I've founded the problem.

The requirement for Lync Client install is 250 Mb.

The XPE had 248 Mb free earlier when I was testing. After removing some files (about 256 Mb of free space), the installer was able to continue.

I did a research on the web and don't find anything about this free disk space requirement of Lync Client.

Well, I hope this thread can serve as future reference for other users.

Jean

Wednesday, October 5, 2011 6:29 PM